problem cachers

the borgs

hello

i dont mean to sound nasty

but two cachers are becomeing a pest and are starting to ruin my cache.

they keep comeing to it to "just look"

bring there mates to show and take tb with out reg them untill i send them an e-mail

and they get the cache right in front of people.

luckly the people already new about it and one was a cacher that was searching fot it

i dont want to move my cache as i think its in a good location

but if these two keep doing what they are they will soon ruin it..

any one got any ideas how to deal with it please

the users are

Lil' Pezza

captn carter

if they ask you for clues to help them find your cache my advice is dont.

I'm not sure what 'take tb with out reg them' means. People like to revisit caches and not everyone feels the need to keep a cache a complete secret. They don't feel like they have to hide what they are doing.

If you think they are a bunch of ruffians, make the cache hard to find. Move it a distance and make it a mystery puzzle cache, or multi-leg that requires going a distance to reach the final. I find that most people who enjoy being a pain in the rear move on to other things when being a pain requires making an effort.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Might as well make use of my duplicate post real estate:

Hard as it might be to do on a cache you are obviously getting pleasure from, disable it for a few days or a week. They are probably not looking at the logs or cache page any more, just playing with whatever construction you have built and seeing what shiny goodies someone has dropped in there.

Take it away for a few days and they will stop bothering to come back when its not there any more. Then when they are back at school, for surely they are of that age (one mentions he is the other one's little brother) Then pop it back, maybe a few feet away(?) and they will still think it is gone.

Just a thought. There's nothing much else you can do - you don't want to confront them face to face and I doubt GS would get involved as there is no evidence or proof they are doing anything much wrong, even if you are certain in your own mind.

Edited by Lovejoy & Tinker

I read through your logs and it appears the cache is in a very high muggle area where the neighbors know there is a cache. It wouldn't surprise me if non-caching neighborhood kids are muggling your TB's and travel coins.

I'd suggest moving your now larger cache to a less visible location where it's easier to swap trackables without being seen.

**edited to fix an autocompleted word that was very wrong.

Edited by Ecylram

I read through your logs and it appears the cache is in a very high muggle area where the neighbors know there is a cache. It wouldn't surprise me if non-caching neighborhood kids are muggling your TB's and travel coins.

Hmm, you could well be right. Reading logs on other caches by Captn Carter, he does seem to be, erm, captan sensible, logging online which TBs and swaps he's taken and recording what he's left. He seems to be the older of the 2 brothers.

If they were up to no good I wouldn't expect to see such sensible logs on his finds.

@OP - do you know these lads?

I read the logs too. Or some of them. I've never seen so many owner notes on a cache ever and the reminders to log TB's got a little tedious to read.

Anyhow, I will routinely drop off TB's at a couple of local caches that I can get to easily and know where they are. I will also pick up TB's that I find there. I DO NOT sign the paper log every time I do this because it clutters up a log with limited space in the first place. If I pick up TB's I will usually only log this on the TB page. When dropping bugs I will do so in a note but occasionally I will delete that note if there are other relevant notes on that cache that are more important and informative for people actually seeking the cache for the first time. While not the rule I will occasionally do this.

My friend will drop and pick up bugs but because he can't get online quickly they will occasionally get grabbed from him before he can properly log them. From reading the logs on the cache you seem to want immediate results. Further more not everyone who visits a cache will go back and read the repeated notes written on there.

Finally tradding swag is the rule but at times in the notes posted to this cache there appears to be some idea that one is supposed to trade for trackables. There are people who liberate trackables from prisons often.

Now that I've read the cache description

Take one-leave one trade restrictions do not assist a Travel Bug towards its goal. Cache owners do not get to decide who can or cannot move my bug. Lose the rule.

Additionally, high muggle areas and trade restrictions simply increase the chance that several bugs go missing.

A proper hotel protects travel bugs and encourages movement.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I've looked at the cache and it's had lots of positive comments, it sounds like a really great hide :unsure: But perhaps you should write a note on the webpage to say that TBs and coins shouldn't be left there just for the time being? That way, anyone who goes there looking for trackables to steal will soon get bored as there won't be any. You can change the page back again when the situation seems safer.

lol well there was only three posts riminding people

and that was because they didnt log the tb as taken

so they showed in my cache when they was not there

i had to mark them as missing in the end.

thank you for your replies and idea's they have all been taken notice off ;-)

i have deleted the logs reminding people

and i will sit back and relax

think i was getting to worked up about peoples tb going missing

and didnt want my cache to be like lots of others i have been to with wrongly listed tb and geocoins.

oooo and no trackales dont have to be swapped if thats how the discription is read ill change it ;-)

it was org ment as an item swap cache hence what it started with memory stick,after shave ect.

but seems to be attracting a lot of geo coins (which i dont mind, actually quite pleased about)

thank you all for polity pointing me in the right direction.

that was why i asked on hear after all ;-)

Edited by the borgs

I've looked at the cache and it's had lots of positive comments, it sounds like a really great hide :unsure: But perhaps you should write a note on the webpage to say that TBs and coins shouldn't be left there just for the time being? That way, anyone who goes there looking for trackables to steal will soon get bored as there won't be any. You can change the page back again when the situation seems safer.

Looking at the history I see two bugs marked as missing and one of those not when at that cache. Where's the theft?

It might be a muggle area but it seems to be doing fairly well.

Edited by BlueDeuce

and didnt want my cache to be like lots of others i have been to with wrongly listed tb and geocoins.

It is nice to see someone who cares. Typically I tell people to wait 30 days before removing a bug but if you are on top of it, like you seem to be, you can bring that down a bit.

If you want to encourage someone to log a bug, do it via email, state the facts and don't accuse anyone of anything. Offering assistance will give you a better chance of getting a response.

Edited by BlueDeuce

Looking at the history I see two bugs marked as missing and one of those not when at that cache. Where's the theft?

It might be a muggle area but it seems to be doing fairly well.

the others where logged after a polite e-mail reminding the people

as theyd forgot

and one seems to have gone today but again not logged.

ill give it 30 days as you suggest ;-)

Edited by the borgs

... and one seems to have gone today but again not logged.

ill give it 30 days as you suggest ;-)

Remember.

It's the weekend, people may be caching away from home for the weekend.

Also, in the UK, it's a Bank Holiday on Monday, people may be away for the three days -Sat/Sun/Mon.

They may make it a weeks holiday, or even two weeks!

Got to give them time to log! :unsure:

hello

i dont mean to sound nasty

but two cachers are becomeing a pest and are starting to ruin my cache.

they keep comeing to it to "just look"

bring there mates to show and take tb with out reg them untill i send them an e-mail

and they get the cache right in front of people.

luckly the people already new about it and one was a cacher that was searching fot it

i dont want to move my cache as i think its in a good location

but if these two keep doing what they are they will soon ruin it..

any one got any ideas how to deal with it please

the users are

Lil' Pezza

captn carter

if they ask you for clues to help them find your cache my advice is dont.

Move the cache 100' away or so, and leave a decoy there for them to play with. :unsure: