Butterfly Migration 2010-2011

AtwellFamily

Standings are updated ;)

Someone got a huge jump over a couple of ponds!!!

Has anyone else looked at the leader TB3PNEY?

I can't make any since of how it moved around the way it did when according to his profile Zork V wasn't at Geocoinfest.

9/7 Placed in Geocoinfest 2010 - Twin Cities

9/14 Zork V took it to The Wonder of Spring #3 (Albany, Auckland) North Island, New Zealand - 8,032.66 miles

9/25 Windsockers retrieved it from Geocoinfest 2010 - Twin Cities Minnesota

10/2 Windsockers placed it in Ardgillan I Leinster, Ireland - 11,271.26 miles

10/12 Zork V retrieved it from Ardgillan I Leinster, Ireland

10/12 Zork V took it to Merrion Square Dublin, Ireland - 17.14 miles

10/14 Zork V took it to LAX's Money Pit California - 5,171.12 miles

Edited by Team kizb

Standings are updated ;)

I can't make any since of how it moved around the way it did when according to his profile Zork V wasn't at Geocoinfest.

9/14 Zork V took it to The Wonder of Spring #3 (Albany, Auckland) North Island, New Zealand - 8,032.66 miles

Standings are updated ;)

The Caches do not show on his profile page on the dates noted ????????????

Edited by GaryM53

Standings are updated ;)

The Caches do not show on his profile page on the dates noted ????????????

The Event that Zork V "took it to" on 9/14 doesn't take place till 7 November. That doesn't make any since.

According to Zork V's profile he as never been to the cache called "Ardgillan I" where he retrieved it on 10/12. Did he forget to log it?

This is why I hate not getting 'took' logs.

I was wondering what event you all were talking about. It's on the first page!!! I never looked way back on page one yesterday. Why would I? Obviously the log date is wrong and the event hasn't happened yet.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I need to watch things closer until Groundspeak fixes the 'took' log issue, if they are ever going to.

This is why I hate not getting 'took' logs.

I was wondering what event you all were talking about. It's on the first page!!! I never looked way back on page one yesterday. Why would I? Obviously the log date is wrong and the event hasn't happened yet.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I need to watch things closer until Groundspeak fixes the 'took' log issue, if they are ever going to.

It looks to me like he logged a 'Will Attend' and did a visit with the bug at that time. Funny that GS gives mileage credit for the visit at that time. (It doesn't really make sense to be able to do a VISIT log on a WILL ATTEND).

I also noticed that on LAX's Money Pit he logged a Write Note rather than a Discovered, and did a visit there as well. It is a traditional cache, I think he was actually there, but he had been there before. So that would violate rule 2.

Hi guys,

I have deleted the log myself. Luckily I was wondering about the standings and checked in here.

To my surprise I saw the discussion that was going on here.

Next time just ask me. I really don't bite :rolleyes:

Now I have to inform ZorkV of the log-deletion.

Edit to add correct mileage: 15 431.94 miles

Edited by Ruud4d

I also noticed that on LAX's Money Pit he logged a Write Note rather than a Discovered, and did a visit there as well. It is a traditional cache, I think he was actually there, but he had been there before. So that would violate rule 2.

E-mail sent to the owner about the above.

But other than that the standings have been corrected and updated.

thanks for the update.

well I hope that my butterflies, both of them, will make it to our great GCF2011 EU in August.

It would be great. Nevermind of the standings.

A couple of weeks ago, I was able to get back a coin which I released into the GC-World in august 2006.

But it did only 5440km/3380 mi.

I lost quite a few of my coins, but luckily this one came back to me. ..my little sock puppet!

Good luck to all and great competition.

Until next GCF2011 EU I will have to think about something donating.

longtomsilver

I want to appoligize to all who participate in this race. My coin is in first place in the Mileage Standings. But it has been done by 2 cachers. The second cacher is taking it all over New Zealand. I tried to contact him several times but he never responded.

Fortunately it has been grabbed by another cacher on 12-12. He says he will take it to Hawaii. Hopefully it will start traveling as it is supposed to do.

I want to appoligize to all who participate in this race. My coin is in first place in the Mileage Standings. But it has been done by 2 cachers. The second cacher is taking it all over New Zealand. I tried to contact him several times but he never responded.

Fortunately it has been grabbed by another cacher on 12-12. He says he will take it to Hawaii. Hopefully it will start traveling as it is supposed to do.

I don't think you need to apologize ... he is racking up the mileage, go buddy go!! Mine went through a 'dipping' phase as well, I think it is fine as long as the cacher is finding new caches with it.

It went to Hawaii and now headed to the UK!!

Only 1 placement since Sunday and it was to our leader in the mileage category. :)

Guess its the winter weather keeping movements down to a trickle.