Loading caches on garmin 62

Tree Man

gsak maybe?

That's what I do. Download my Pocket Queries and put them into GSAK and then upload them to my 62s.

How do you export them to the unit, I have a 60csx and a palm that I use in gsak but i can't seem to figure this one out.

in GSAK, click on GPS tab, then send way points, then send. As long as your gpsr is connected they should get there. Of course, I'm tech unsavy, so maybe I'm missing something else ya are looking for.

You can copy your (unzipped) pocket queries directly to the unit or sd card, just place them in the gpx folder.

I can't believe Im so lost. the files are opening as gsak files and I tried to copy and paste them to the L/garmin folder, It shows them there but no caches on unit show up.

You can copy your (unzipped) pocket queries directly to the unit or sd card, just place them in the gpx folder.

I can't believe Im so lost. the files are opening as gsak files and I tried to copy and paste them to the L/garmin folder, It shows them there but no caches on unit show up.

They go in the Garmin/GPX folder.

They go in the Garmin/GPX folder.

Thanks for putting up with me, I got it in using gask, well the newest version helped!!! [:)]

One issue I'm having is when I download a new .gpx file to my 62st from GSAK it overrides the .gpx file that's already loaded in the 62st. I have to combine all databases from GSAK and download as one .gpx file. Sometimes I just want to add caches when I still have ones loaded that I'm yet to find. Does anyone know how to keep the new file from overriding the old one?

One issue I'm having is when I download a new .gpx file to my 62st from GSAK it overrides the .gpx file that's already loaded in the 62st. I have to combine all databases from GSAK and download as one .gpx file. Sometimes I just want to add caches when I still have ones loaded that I'm yet to find. Does anyone know how to keep the new file from overriding the old one?

Simple...save them to a different filename.

I believe the default filename using GSAK is geocaches.gpx and if you overwrite that file the old caches are removed and the new caches are loaded. If you write the new caches to a different file (e.g. new_geocaches.gpx) then they will be added, or updated if they already exist.

If you were copying PQs directly to the GPS...each PQ has a unique filename so they wouldn't overwrite each other.

While GSAK does allow us to manipulate the data (correcting coordinates on puzzles/multis, adding user notes, etc) it does have a learning curve...don't give up, it's one of the best geocaching tools out there.

use a different filename on each download. Your overwriting the previous download.

Here's a new one. I had all my caches on the SD card. When I went to log them as found I could not view them whrn selecting "Found Caches". The screen was blank. However, if the caches are on the unit's main memory they will appear as found. Does that suggest that the caches can only be loaded onto main memory to get full functionality?