Updated - Now Available: Road's End

Mekle

So, NepoKama and I are working on another coin and we need your help! (Yes, I know.. our first isn't even out yet, but hey, we've seen a couple of rounds of blueprints, so it's on the way.) :)

We are pretty settled on one side, but I can't show that to you yet. What I CAN show you is the two options we're looking at for the other side, and hopefully you have some opinions you can share with us as to which you prefer!

4932920017_cf5872c58b.jpg

Road's End Option 1

4933513420_e95cd8e22c.jpg

Road's End Option 2

So, which do *YOU* think it should be?

What's the size of this coin going to be? I'm assuming 1.75", but want to make sure. The final size of the coin is going to have a lot of bearing with regards to the background detail, because you want the detail to be visible, and complicated stuff can be lost when the coin's scaled down.

I prefer version 1, but worry that the knotwork might be lost at 1.75". What you might want to try is to have the actual knotwork done as a solid semi-raised line (semi-raised being the light purple you're showing) with, of course, the dark purple (recessed) lines to show how the knot's lines go under and over each other (if this makes sense). I think this would be clearer in a smaller size than the outlined knotwork you're using now. I do like that knot pattern a lot!

What's the size of this coin going to be?

Great question. We'd not settled 100% on the size. Given the amount of detail here (and on the other side) we'll probably lean toward the 2".

Thanks for your suggestions, NepoKama and I will definitely be discussing them!

Thanks for all the comments so far. We know that this side of the coin is similar to Ernie's Labyrinth. We've made sure we do have a different maze than Ernie's coin, and Road's End as a whole will be very different. The pattern on this side is important to the theme.

Here's a tweaked version of option 1 based on feedback.

4934530223_ef5e7a8f73.jpg

Are the Green and Red translucent of just the purple?

It will vary a bit. The purple area is designed to have a translucent in all cases. Our plan is that for one edition of the coin all will be translucent, for others the green and red areas will be glitters.

Ooo. I'm liking these with the idea of trans and/or glitter. (I'm a sucker for glitter. :unsure: )

Thanks for all the comments so far. We know that this side of the coin is similar to Ernie's Labyrinth. We've made sure we do have a different maze than Ernie's coin, and Road's End as a whole will be very different. The pattern on this side is important to the theme.

Here's a tweaked version of option 1 based on feedback.

that's lovely!!!!

It is a labyrith coin and I like it! :unsure:

I saw your post about glitters.... well... when I saw the bright color of the road the first thing that came in my mind was......

The purple to be in translucent, the green line in glitter but the red line for the road to be.... red glow, so you can find your way (the road's end) even if it is night! B)

Ok! This I'm liking too. Obviously the purple is translucents over at least two recessed and semi-recessed areas - I likeie!. ;) Glitter and/or translucent in the thin lines will make it POP! As far as it looking similar to Ernies labyrinth: It's different enough to not matter. I have one of each of those but would try to get one of each of there - providing the other side is as spectacular as this side. :unsure:

CF30

P.S. Consider a black nickel version B) - providing that you're using IHE, that is...

We have sample coins back from the mint for Road's End! So it's now time to show the castle side of the coin, which we hadn't announced previously. We’ll be making a couple of small color tweaks from the samples for the final coins, but expect these to be available soon. There are also several other editions planned, but those won't be shown until another time. For higher resolution photos visit our Facebook page

5145434861_7cd6027ef4_m.jpg5145434805_a656230513_m.jpg

They are just now going on sale? One of each went up for sale on Ebay yesturday. Is that your account or has someone gotten an advanced set?

Here are the listings.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roads-End-Geocoin-Limited-Edition-NEW-UNACTIVATED-/260718125681?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb402e271

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roads-End-Geocoin-Regular-Edition-NEW-UNACTIVATED-/260718122268?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb402d51c

They are just now going on sale? One of each went up for sale on Ebay yesturday. Is that your account or has someone gotten an advanced set?

Here are the listings.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roads-End-Geocoin-Limited-Edition-NEW-UNACTIVATED-/260718125681?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb402e271

http://cgi.ebay.com/Roads-End-Geocoin-Regular-Edition-NEW-UNACTIVATED-/260718122268?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb402d51c

Those are NepoKama. We were slow to get the forums updated, we'd intended to get this thread updated BEFORE they went up yesterday, but we got sidetracked, and thus things are a bit backwards this time around. :)