Cache with holes in a pipe...

I have heard of a cache which consists of a pipe (in the water) with holes in it that have to be plugged so that the logbook can be retrieved from it.

Im really intregued by this and I wonder if anyone knows where it is.....(I don't know if there is more than one out there or not.)

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

I don't recall Underground Trains In Somerset being a water pipe type cache - it was just a tube fixed to a fence. The bottom unscrews, I seem to remember....

I did not try to unscrew it - Having done the water technique on the two others like this in Somerset I used it here, probably helped having 5 litres of water in the back of the car. Seemed a sensible way at the time.

More than one way to skin a cat B):unsure:

I don't recall Underground Trains In Somerset being a water pipe type cache - it was just a tube fixed to a fence. The bottom unscrews, I seem to remember....

I did not try to unscrew it - Having done the water technique on the two others like this in Somerset I used it here, probably helped having 5 litres of water in the back of the car. Seemed a sensible way at the time.

More than one way to skin a cat ;):unsure:

It was just a tube with a log rolled up in the bottom when I found it - filling it with water would've given me a water filled tube, and a very, very soggy log B)

I have heard of a cache which consists of a pipe (in the water) with holes in it that have to be plugged so that the logbook can be retrieved from it.

Im really intregued by this and I wonder if anyone knows where it is.....(I don't know if there is more than one out there or not.)

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

I've done a few like this. Sticky tape is your friend.