Good Caching in Austin?

CindyInTexas

I'm still a noobie--4 finds to date. We've gotten into geocaching because our son would like to have a GC party for his birthday in a couple of weeks. I'm trying to find a suitable place to have 5-6 teen boys be able to hunt for caches without us having to drive them all over the city. I'm thinking the Barton Creek Greenbelt might be good, but the caches seem rather spread out. I'll probably get to be the supervising adult and we've been having triple digit heat, so I'm wondering if there might be somewhere else where the boys could go with less supervision? Three of them have done GC before, so they know rules and the others will comply.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Cindy

Longview Park is also a nice spot, several caches that are spread out a little, but not too badly. It depends on the age group you will be working with. Barton Creek is a great choice, but the terrain can be tricky at times, and they are VERY spread out- the greenbelt is rather large. Another choice would be Mary Moore Seawright Park off Slaughter. There are several caches there, and the terrain is not as tricky as the greenbelt. Just some suggestions- good luck!

Longview Park is also a nice spot, several caches that are spread out a little, but not too badly. It depends on the age group you will be working with. Barton Creek is a great choice, but the terrain can be tricky at times, and they are VERY spread out- the greenbelt is rather large. Another choice would be Mary Moore Seawright Park off Slaughter. There are several caches there, and the terrain is not as tricky as the greenbelt. Just some suggestions- good luck!

Thanks, we'll look into these locations for future adventures. The big geocaching bash was this past weekend at Dick Nichols. The humidity took it's toll on the guys after three caches, but it introduced GC to 3 teens who have never done this before.

Thanks for all the info!

CindyLovesBirding