Is a pub micro series better?

ryo62

I was just thinking of a good series and a good series was a pub micro series so a micro for every pub as 2 people thought my school micro series is bad idea. If you are intrested reply to this and i'll give you a number and some details to put in the description.

Thanks

ryo62

I was just thinking of a good series and a good series was a pub micro series so a micro for every pub as 2 people thought my school micro series is bad idea. If you are intrested reply to this and i'll give you a number and some details to put in the description.

Thanks

ryo62

This can be seen as a commercial cache series.

But there are ways to do it.

Thanks

ryo62

How can you help me?

Thanks

ryo62

How can you help me?

You can search for existing caches that are a pub series but uses the phrase in the key word search.

i've never hidden one but I do know they exist.

But as always remember that and existing cache isn't a promise that one just like it will be published now.

Thanks

ryo62

How can you help me?

You can search for existing caches that are a pub series but uses the phrase in the key word search.

But as always remember that and existing cache isn't a promise that one just like it will be published now.

Would u like to hide no.1 then?

Thanks

ryo62

How can you help me?

Would u like to hide no.1 then?

Short answer. No.

Longer answer. No, because I don't know you and I'm not sure my local pub would like me for putting a cache near them.

I was just thinking of a good series and a good series was a pub micro series so a micro for every pub as 2 people thought my school micro series is bad idea.

Have you not considered that some people will think any "micro" series is a bad idea?? :unsure::unsure:

GeoBroke If you would like to place 1 in the series please do at any pub you want just tell me which pub and ill send u an email with the info to include

Kehotee Thats true I should call it The Pub Series so the caches can be any size

Update: Series Name: The Pub Series

What I think the OP is saying/asking:

Here in the UK there are a number of nationwide "series", where individual cache owners hide a cache based on the theme, and someone maintains the master list and assigns numbers. E.g. there is a "church micro" series; e.g. Church Micro Example. The church micros can be on church property if permission is given, but usually they in a public space near a church. There is a similar series based on train stations, one near motorway junctions, etc.

The OP appears to be based in the UK.

If the OP was to coordinate an effort to do the same with caches near pubs, I think that would be fine, and there would not be a commercial issue (as long as the pages were not promoting the specific pubs).

This thread would probably be better on the UK and Ireland forum.

the best kind of pub series isn't really allowed anymore.

although..... if you made sure all of the containers could hold a token/coupon for a free drink at the particular pub... that'd be great!

Ok i will try my best to do that would you like to hide 1 in my series.

Here in the UK there are a number of nationwide "series", where individual cache owners hide a cache based on the theme, and someone maintains the master list and assigns numbers. E.g. there is a "church micro" series; e.g. Church Micro Example. The church micros can be on church property if permission is given, but usually they in a public space near a church. There is a similar series based on train stations, one near motorway junctions, etc.

If the OP was to coordinate an effort to do the same with caches near pubs, I think that would be fine, and there would not be a commercial issue (as long as the pages were not promoting the specific pubs).

Ok thats what I want it to be like CHURCH MICRO and if you would like to hide one please get in touch.

I wouldnt want a cacher to get annoyed that they are never going to be able to finish the series because one is in Long Beach, ca USA, One is in London and one is in Tuktoyaktuk, Canada.

Well thats like sidetracked, off yer trolley and church micro plus more of all motorway mayhem.

For more of a challenge, how about creating a 20 stage Pub Crawl like this well-known one in Dublin?

Obviously it couldn't be a Virtual so it would have to have proper container at the end.*

"Southside Pub Crawl"

MrsB :unsure:

* Thinking about it... after 20 stages at various pubs I guess you'd be past caring what size the container was.

Edited by The Blorenges

Ok thats what I want it to be like CHURCH MICRO and if you would like to hide one please get in touch.

Perhaps I'm missing something here? I'm not sure :unsure:

You don't appear to have started a "Pub" series already - you don't seem to have even a single "Pub" hide to your name - so why on earth would hiders need to contact you, to carry on a series that doesn't appear to exist yet? Perhaps someone should start a "Tupperware" series and ask everybody using Tupperware to email for a number before they publish their hides??

I believe the founder of the Church Micro series invited people to continue his series by placing their own caches to a loose set of rules, rather than just trying to lay claim to a title??

I'm not saying you're misguided to do this - but maybe you're going about it in the wrong way? :unsure:

For more of a challenge, how about creating a 20 stage Pub Crawl like this well-known one in Dublin?

Obviously it couldn't be a Virtual so it would have to have proper container at the end.

"Southside Pub Crawl"

MrsB :unsure:

Ok would you like to start it off.

No thanks.

Just because certain things exists, and there are a lot of them, it doesn't mean they're worthy of having a cache series dedicated to them (IMO).

MrsB

I've seen a couple different cache series where individual people in different areas hide their own caches, but all the caches are "related" and have similar cache descriptions.

You might want to try the UK/Ireland section of the forums to see if anyone is interested in helping with the series.

Because the caches are at commercial establishments, you'll want to make sure that there are no commercial overtones in the description.

You don't appear to have started a "Pub" series already - you don't seem to have even a single "Pub" hide to your name - so why on earth would hiders need to contact you, to carry on a series that doesn't appear to exist yet? Perhaps someone should start a "Tupperware" series and ask everybody using Tupperware to email for a number before they publish their hides??

I believe the founder of the Church Micro series invited people to continue his series by placing their own caches to a loose set of rules, rather than just trying to lay claim to a title??

I'm not saying you're misguided to do this - but maybe you're going about it in the wrong way? :unsure:

I am try to construct some very good containers for no.5 & 6 and I need somone tto start it off for me.

I am try to construct some very good containers for no.5 & 6 and I need somone tto start it off for me.

????

Not to put too big a downer on your idea - but if you're not capable of putting out the first four yourself, are you sure you're really going to be in a position to administer what could turn into a huge series with dozens of contributors??