Limited Garmin nüvi recall

Thanks for the heads up. I've got a Nuvi 200W...although that model was affected, my serial number is NOT on the recall.

Not sure if that's Good or Bad. Good because hopefully it won't overheat...Bad because I was hoping I could score a fresh battery.

thanks, just found out mine is on the recall list

Leave it in a cache, and save the bomb squad the work of blowing it up :laughing:

where's your nearest regular cache? :laughing:

they want it back and will replace the battery, i've had the unit for 3 years now and worked fine, but hey can't complain about a new battery :P

has anyone that sent out their unit receive it back yet?

i am having the most horrible time trying to get this thing back

initially was 6-12 business days

its been 18 business days now and nobody at Garmin can tell me when i will be getting back, they asked me once again to call mid next week

extremely poor customer service on dealing with this

has anyone that sent out their unit receive it back yet?

i am having the most horrible time trying to get this thing back

initially was 6-12 business days

its been 18 business days now and nobody at Garmin can tell me when i will be getting back, they asked me once again to call mid next week

extremely poor customer service on dealing with this

they want it back and will replace the battery, i've had the unit for 3 years now and worked fine, but hey can't complain about a new battery B)

Apparently, you can complain about a new battery. :D:):D

Apparently, you can complain about a new battery. :D:):D

based on the information available at the time of that post i didn't think would be possible

after all this wait, only to be told they have no idea when i'll get my unit back, i wish i didn't send it in lol

just got an email from a Garmin rep, telling me the unit was held in customs for a long time

i don't know what customs he/she is talking about, UPS shows it was delivered and signed for on august 31st, in addition i was told they are being fixed here in Canada, unless there's customs between Provinces i say he/she is BS-ing me B)

Edited by t4e

Just a bump in case anyone still hasn’t sent in their nuvi. This recall is still active.

I kept waiting for a time period when I could do without my nuvi for a while. I eventually realized that was never going to happen and I was just going to have to bite the bullet and send it in. I sent it in just under 3 weeks ago and got it back yesterday.