the Gloriousness of Wally world hides..

Juicepig

I've seen way too many regular cachers who report an issue, and then get crucified for it by the locals (instead of the cache placer). Rather than seeing it as an opportunity to keep Geocaching in a positive light, by having poorly executed caches addressed it's viewed as being overbearing.

A lot of cachers will post a few Needs Archived, get a few nasty emails and then decide not to hit that button any more. For some reason there is a stigma placed on people who use the Needs Maintenance / Needs Archived log types. Far easier to just log the smiley, and keep your trap shut. No animosity at event caches, no angry email exchanges. Nobody running around copying your "Needs Archived" logs mockingly into several posts in the Groundspeak forums, out of context.

true, but there's a better way to keep your anonymity and report any issues

There is no need for a sock puppet account. Simply contact the owner politely and respectively and you will probably get the same treatment back. Publicly bash a cache and or owner and you will receive the same treatment back. If you don't feel comfortable going that route, you can always contact a reviewer and have them contact the owner.

some cache owners don't bother replying to nice emails, but they do as soon as you post that NA log

Edited by t4e

I've seen way too many regular cachers who report an issue, and then get crucified for it by the locals (instead of the cache placer). Rather than seeing it as an opportunity to keep Geocaching in a positive light, by having poorly executed caches addressed it's viewed as being overbearing.

A lot of cachers will post a few Needs Archived, get a few nasty emails and then decide not to hit that button any more. For some reason there is a stigma placed on people who use the Needs Maintenance / Needs Archived log types. Far easier to just log the smiley, and keep your trap shut. No animosity at event caches, no angry email exchanges. Nobody running around copying your "Needs Archived" logs mockingly into several posts in the Groundspeak forums, out of context.

true, but there's a better way to keep your anonymity and report any issues

Yes. But eventually it becomes easier to follow human nature and keep your trap shut. Nobody is going to call you on that one. You're just another happy customer if you post a smiley. (even though the property owner chased you off with a shotgun)

I still post Needs Archived. If there's a problem that's bad enough to warrant that then people who might be thinking about the cache hunt need to know about it.

Private emails to the cache owner do not warn other cachers of the potential problems. I've had plenty of irate cache owners come right back with an order to mind my own business. As a NA log type, at least the reviewer gets involved. Emailing the reviewer works, but that builds up even more anger and that will often be directed at the last to find, who may be 10 cachers after you visited.

Now something like a no trespassing sign - I used to post NA for those. Nowadays I'll just post a "won't attempt" note and move on. Cache blown up, confrontation with property owner - those get an immediate NA log posted. From the Blackberry if I have signal.

here's the thing.....Since i'm the one who planted the cache. I saw a big empty parking lot. I did NOT see any signage that said private property, or no tresspassing. It is a regular old parking lot, like the MANY i have been to to find caches. I did not think that a parking lot was considered private property in the middle of the city. I guess now I know.

what I am curious about is how the cache was found and reported. The last person to find it also reported in his log that it was discovered and that police were involved....blown up etc. That same person has been a geocache member since 2008 but only logged my cache as a find, and reported that it is under investigation. only my one cache in his list of finds.

also.....that cache was far away from the building, 110 ft or more, buried deep in a fir tree.....one of 3 beside each other. I have had trouble looking for the cache myself when replacing the logsheet.

Like i said before, we have all done caches , especially urban ones, that are in parking lots, and children's parks etc.......Not even realizing that this is private property. All it takes is one person to see you caching, and alarms go off.

No, we all have not done caches that are in parking lots. There are plenty of people like me, most that have been around a long time like me (but not all), who don't cache in parking lots, and find caches only in parks, along hiking trails, etc.. If your cache was published in my area, I would have studied the cache page, looked at the sat view, and put it on my ignore list. I know there's at least one multiple poster to this thread from the GTA who has been around even longer than me who would echo those sentiments. :wub:

This is because when I started, there were no caches in store parking lots. I'll bet no one can show me a cache in a store parking lot in Southern Ontario that was placed before 2005. I do find caches at businesses if the cache pages states permission was granted. I found an ammo box in the bushes at a hair salon in Ohio last month. Contained all girly trade items too. :ph34r:

That is strange about the 1 find account being the last finder of your cache. It could be someone who signed up for an account a couple of years ago, and never got into it. Or more likely, it's an alternate account for someone who didn't want to use their regular geocaching name.

Also, the way a Groundspeak employee posted a note to you cache page surely means Groundspeak HQ was contacted by Wal-Mart Canada. And with how fast that note showed up, I'll bet it was a phone call, rather than an email. :lol:

I'll bet no one can show me a cache in a store parking lot in Southern Ontario that was placed before 2005.

GCHN5E - Down by the Bay

339 people have enjoyed it.

You logged this as Found on Sunday, 30 August 2009. :ph34r:

and i have no doubt there's more

its true that it has become repetitive and boring, and i honestly don't judge those that ignore LPC's but i don't judge those that hunt them either

that's the beauty of having the "ignore" function

Edited by t4e
The same goes for no trespassing signs. I have seen a few caches receive complaints about crossing no trespassing signs or jumping a fence. There very well could be another way in that does not require trespassing or fence jumping. I hate to see logs from a cacher that posts that they crossed several no trespassing signs to get the the cache, claimed their smiley, and then complained about it.

Off-topic a bit, but: I ran into a similar problem a bunch when I was in California recently; I encountered lots of caches on trails at the top of hills, where the base of the hill is almost completely surrounded by a labyrinthine subdivision with no gaps between houses... and yet, no child waypoints or any other indication of parking or a trailhead.

My view is that in any case where "no trespassing" signs is an issue (or, indeed, any case where the cache can or should only be accessed from a particular direction which isn't immediately obvious if you try to drive up to the cache) there should be some text and/or child waypoints indicating the direction from which to approach the cache.

I know there's some cache owners out there who want part of the challenge to be finding the necessary trail or approach, but if that's the case, there should be clear indications of it in the cache description. Locations that are girded by "No Trespassing" signs aren't appropriate for this sort of hide.

It feels like there's in a gap when it comes to reports these situations. Missing details from the listing (usually) don't pose problems that warrant a NM or NA log. Simply describing you concern (and maybe posting a coord that should be added) in a note or log helps, but if the cache owner doesn't act on that, it will gradually disappear from notice.

One idea: Allow cachers to submit child waypoints to a listing, so all an owner needs to do is click "approve" to have it added.

what I am curious about is how the cache was found and reported. The last person to find it also reported in his log that it was discovered and that police were involved....blown up etc. That same person has been a geocache member since 2008 but only logged my cache as a find, and reported that it is under investigation. only my one cache in his list of finds.

That is strange about the 1 find account being the last finder of your cache. It could be someone who signed up for an account a couple of years ago, and never got into it. Or more likely, it's an alternate account for someone who didn't want to use their regular geocaching name.

I suspect that account is used by peel regional police to determine if what they are blowing up is a geocache. Dollars to doughnuts, i bet they knew it was harmless before they blew it up.

I think most cachers have seen a signs when you enter a parking lot at one time or another. The ones that says customer parking only, authorized use only, employee parking only, and other variations. Geocachers very rarely fall under the prescribed use of the parking lot when they are hunting caches. Even using the visitors parking does not get around the signs because the reasonable person understands that that is meant for visitors of the business at the location.

The same can apply for entering public parks and conservation areas after hours. Cachers know the park is closed, yet they walk right past the sign, reading it out loud as they pass by, and continue right on to the cache.

The same can apply for entering public parks and conservation areas after hours. Cachers know the park is closed, yet they walk right past the sign, reading it out loud as they pass by, and continue right on to the cache.

Yeah, I remember meeting a few cachers who would put their GPS away and claim they got lost looking for the exit if the authorities challenged them.

There's one park in Oakville which has a $5000 fine for trespassing there at night. That would be one expensive geocache.

Edit: Before the BFL commentary starts we arrived before dusk and left before sundown. I'm not paying $5k for a smiley

Edited by northernpenguin

How many people can honestly say they have asked and received permission for every single cache they have placed on private property?

We've placed three caches on private property and received permission for each of them. We also received permission for one of our public property caches that is placed very close to a public building.

Each of the private landowners received a gift card from us as a small token of our appreciation (and to reduce the likelihood that they will change their minds and ask us to remove the cache).

How many people can honestly say they have asked and received permission for every single cache they have placed on private property?

We've placed three caches on private property and received permission for each of them. We also received permission for one of our public property caches that is placed very close to a public building.

Each of the private landowners received a gift card from us as a small token of our appreciation (and to reduce the likelihood that they will change their minds and ask us to remove the cache).

What a nice gesture. The positive side of caching. Thank you for sharing this. Maybe some more cachers will consider the same idea.

I'll bet no one can show me a cache in a store parking lot in Southern Ontario that was placed before 2005.

GCHN5E - Down by the Bay

339 people have enjoyed it.

You logged this as Found on Sunday, 30 August 2009. :D

and i have no doubt there's more

its true that it has become repetitive and boring, and i honestly don't judge those that ignore LPC's but i don't judge those that hunt them either

that's the beauty of having the "ignore" function

Well, 339 people are entitled to "enjoy" finding it, all of them knowing dadgum well it was placed on private property without permission under this websites "look the other way" policy. I'm not one of them though.

Almost got me though!! When I saw the "You logged this as Found on Sunday, 30 August 2009" I was worried for a minute. But I knew it wasn't me. OK, I'll bet you ain't got another one. B) Not that I'm derailing the thread, but there was no significant parking lot caching going on in Western NY or Southern Ontario before 2005. Now several places in the Southern U.S., that's another story. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mr.Yuck

As long as people find any specific type of cache or cache location, people will keep placing them. Ignoring something won't make it go away. This subject has been beaten to death over and over in the forums.

Back to the original subject of the topic. My worry is that if caches keep getting blown up, restrictions are going to start going into place making the placing of caches any to difficult for the masses to place. If and when that happens, the sport will start to die in those areas affected areas.

We have seen cache placement policies including permit systems, some pay and some free, in some of our conservation and parks areas in Southern Ontario. When city and or regional police get tired of blowing up caches, they will eventually establish a placement policy. If that includes permits, you can bet cities and regions are not going to eat the cost of it.

OK, I'll bet you ain't got another one

Would caches placed in commuter train parking lots count? I have a few of those if you would like.

No, absolutely not. And by the way, how are we equating 339 people logging a find on Geocaching.com for said parking lot turd on private property without permission meaning they "enjoyed" it? I hang out with plenty of numbers oriented Geocachers. Sure, they "ENJOY" finding every cache listed on the website and incrementing their find count by one. But believe me, they all know "lame", and the difference between that and a hike on the Bruce trail.

I look at it this way. If someones places a cache I give them the benefit of the doubt I will not get into trouble seeking the cache. I have had run ins with police and security on many occasions and after explaining what I am doing, they understand and let me get along with my life. If someone goes through the effort to place a cache i will go find it with out prejudging based on where it is hidden or what kind of cache it is. All I care about is another person gave me something to find.

Making a blanket statement about specific hides is not fair to the people that placed the cache. What if the person just wants to contribute and that is all they can afford, or are cable of placing due to transportation restrictions. Are these people less worthy than someone who can drive out to the woods and place an amo can stocked with high quality swag? No, but by making a blanket statement, it says volumes about what is thought about the person with out knowing all the facts and that I find repulsive.

Some of the most challenging and interesting caches I have found have fallen into what people would ignore automatically based on location and or size and I am glad to have not cheat myself out of the experience.

i totally to agree with Keith

some people hate micros under the assumption that they are all LPC's, guardrails etc but great micro hides outnumber by far the "lame" ones

i think we all know that we should never assume

unfortunately the only way to find out if a hide is "lame" is to go there

sure, you're free to filter them out, but i can guarantee you that you're missing on some good ones

apart from the scenario that Keith presented there is the other side of the coin

some people, me included, use geocaching as means to unwind after a long day

some days we go for a long hike in the woods, other days, if the time and weather don't permit we make a run for a few urban caches, some have turned out to be in parking lots but i still walked away achieving what i set off to do

we all have likes and dislikes, and nobody will ever be happy with everything but the great thing about this game is that there is something for everyone, some people can't make it out in the woods due to mobility issues still they get a chance with something hidden on a flat terrain like parking lots

we all have likes and dislikes, and nobody will ever be happy with everything but the great thing about this game is that there is something for everyone, some people can't make it out in the woods due to mobility issues still they get a chance with something hidden on a flat terrain like parking lots

Well, that one is like shooting fish in a barrell. How many cachers do you know, or have personally met with said "mobility issues"? Do they deserve a nice cache along a paved bike trail in Brampton? Or would you prefer them snooping around like whack-jobs on private property at Wal-Mart Canada HQ in a corporate office complex in Mississauga? The difference is quite clear to me.

Edited by Mr.Yuck

What if that cache along the nice paved trail in Brampton is close to a playground? Should that cache be labeled as bad because now cachers will look like perverts skulking around in the bushes while children play in the play ground? Or should the cache be considered well placed because now my kids can play in the playground while I search for the cache? This is the problem with making general statements about caches.

I personally know a few cachers with mobility issues and what I prefer has nothing to do with what they prefer. As for what they deserve, it is up to them to make their own decision about what kind of cache they want to find. It is not my place to decide for other people what caches other people should look for.

It is not my place to decide for other people what caches other people should look for.

Caches exist. So do filtering tools.

Use Pocket Queries, Attributes and GSAK to filter out the ones you are not interested in.

I could really care less what other people hide these days. If I visit a cache and there's a serious problem then I post a NA - more to get the reviewers to look at it than anything else (for example altoids tin cache beside exposed wiring).

Keith you are bang on that the urban caches are a good way to include everyone in the sport, including those with mobility challenges - or heck I know some prolific cachers who are not wheelchair bound, but they don't own a car.

I know people who have no interest in hiking the Bruce trail. It's rocky, and there are mosquitos there. Your 5 year old might walk off a cliff. I know people who won't visit a cache unless you need to canoe to it.

Find out what caches you enjoy, and go enjoy finding them. This is not Pokemon - you do not have to find them all.

Well, that one is like shooting fish in a barrell. How many cachers do you know, or have personally met with said "mobility issues"? Do they deserve a nice cache along a paved bike trail in Brampton? Or would you prefer them snooping around like whack-jobs on private property at Wal-Mart Canada HQ in a corporate office complex in Mississauga? The difference is quite clear to me.

doesn't matter how many i know or met, there are obviously enough around if this site, and many others, has set out to help them

http://www.handicaching.com/about.php

i wouldn't place a cache in the parking lot of an office building, but there's nothing wrong with placing a cache in the parking lot of a store

i have seen many questionable hides, that could raise suspicion, so i think we shouldn't get hanged up on this particular one

It is not my place to decide for other people what caches other people should look for.

Use Pocket Queries, Attributes and GSAK to filter out the ones you are not interested in.

I could really care less what other people hide these days. If I visit a cache and there's a serious problem then I post a NA - more to get the reviewers to look at it than anything else (for example altoids tin cache beside exposed wiring).

Keith you are bang on that the urban caches are a good way to include everyone in the sport, including those with mobility challenges - or heck I know some prolific cachers who are not wheelchair bound, but they don't own a car.

I know people who have no interest in hiking the Bruce trail. It's rocky, and there are mosquitos there. Your 5 year old might walk off a cliff. I know people who won't visit a cache unless you need to canoe to it.

Find out what caches you enjoy, and go enjoy finding them. This is not Pokemon - you do not have to find them all.

That is the beauty of the Ignore List. It is anonymous. No one but me knows the 1000+ caches on my Ignore List. No CO's feelings are hurt because I have chosen to ignore his/her cache. He/She doesn't know.

I look at it this way. If someones places a cache I give them the benefit of the doubt I will not get into trouble seeking the cache. I have had run ins with police and security on many occasions and after explaining what I am doing, they understand and let me get along with my life. If someone goes through the effort to place a cache i will go find it with out prejudging based on where it is hidden or what kind of cache it is. All I care about is another person gave me something to find.

Making a blanket statement about specific hides is not fair to the people that placed the cache. What if the person just wants to contribute and that is all they can afford, or are cable of placing due to transportation restrictions. Are these people less worthy than someone who can drive out to the woods and place an amo can stocked with high quality swag? No, but by making a blanket statement, it says volumes about what is thought about the person with out knowing all the facts and that I find repulsive.

Some of the most challenging and interesting caches I have found have fallen into what people would ignore automatically based on location and or size and I am glad to have not cheat myself out of the experience.

Ka-pow! Well put!!

That is the beauty of the Ignore List. It is anonymous. No one but me knows the 1000+ caches on my Ignore List. No CO's feelings are hurt because I have chosen to ignore his/her cache. He/She doesn't know.

I am gonna go out on a limb and ask... Have you put any of my caches on your ignore list? Be honest, I can take it.

I am gonna go out on a limb and ask... Have you put any of my caches on your ignore list? Be honest, I can take it.

Answering that would mar the beauty of the Ignore List and its anonymity.

Not to mention the first step in a slippery slope of "How about me???" requests.

Ka-pow! Well put!!

No. There's no Ka-pow here. I know you like battles, but myself and Keith Watson are not punching each other in the face. :D

Nor is he going to win any arguments by making Mr. Yuck sound like A BIG, BAD OLD MEANIE with heartbreaking stories of the existing, but statistically insignificant number of "mobility impaired" geocachers, or tear jerkers like the poor and destitute who don't drive, and can't afford a $2.00 lock-n-lock, so they get a free film canister, and place it in a store parking lot. Never mind they somehow seem to be able to afford a $200-$500 GPS unit, and a paid-up to date internet connection. :)

There are currently places in the US where parking lot micros absolutely dominate the listings. I won't mention any names, but how about the entire States of Florida and Texas? :) Seriously, is this due to widespread community concern over mobility impaired Geocachers? Are any of them hidden by people who can't afford a car or a lock-n-lock? It might take 10-15 years, but it's going to happen everywhere in the US and Canada.

Nope, I don't cache in Store parking lots, cause I know 99.9% of them have no permission while this website looks the other way. Sorry if you don't like that "blanket statement" What'd I miss? A few hex nuts bored out in a machine shop? A couple match containers dangling in a sewer grate with fishing line? :D

Not to mention the first step in a slippery slope of "How about me???" requests.

Be careful Tequilla. I was once accused of "bragging" how many caches were on my ignore list. About 450 ACTIVE caches within my 50 mile notification radius. I occasionally purge it of archived caches. It doesn't go to Brampton, only as far as Hamilton. I do think I'd ignore that one in Downtown Brampton that talks about "stealth" and "high muggle factor" though. :)

Be careful Tequilla. I was once accused of "bragging" how many caches were on my ignore list. About 450 ACTIVE caches within my 50 mile notification radius. I occasionally purge it of archived caches. It doesn't go to Brampton, only as far as Hamilton. I do think I'd ignore that one in Downtown Brampton that talks about "stealth" and "high muggle factor" though. :)

Well, I already have a reputation as a fire breathing prick.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...334&st=150#

So, being slammed for ignoring a bunch of lame caches really doesn't bother me too much. :):D:):D

I wanna be on your list! :D Oh c'mon, pleeze, pleeze put me on your list. :) I would consider it a badge of honour! :D

Then again who's to say I'm not on it already? :)

I wanna be on your list! :D Oh c'mon, pleeze, pleeze put me on your list. :) I would consider it a badge of honour! :D

Then again who's to say I'm not on it already? :)

No can do. Despite requests (documented in a gc.com forum thread) requesting the ability to ignore caches by owner, the feature has not been implemented.

So I cannot ignore you. But I can ignore your caches. At the least, the lame ones. :D:)

Nor is he going to win any arguments by making Mr. Yuck sound like A BIG, BAD OLD MEANIE with heartbreaking stories of the existing, but statistically insignificant number of "mobility impaired" geocachers, or tear jerkers like the poor and destitute who don't drive, and can't afford a $2.00 lock-n-lock, so they get a free film canister, and place it in a store parking lot. Never mind they somehow seem to be able to afford a $200-$500 GPS unit, and a paid-up to date internet connection. :)

There are currently places in the US where parking lot micros absolutely dominate the listings. I won't mention any names, but how about the entire States of Florida and Texas? :) Seriously, is this due to widespread community concern over mobility impaired Geocachers? Are any of them hidden by people who can't afford a car or a lock-n-lock? It might take 10-15 years, but it's going to happen everywhere in the US and Canada.

Nope, I don't cache in Store parking lots, cause I know 99.9% of them have no permission while this website looks the other way. Sorry if you don't like that "blanket statement" What'd I miss? A few hex nuts bored out in a machine shop? A couple match containers dangling in a sewer grate with fishing line? :D

I do not consider some of the cachers I know as "statistically insignificant" and I know at least one reviewer does not think this either. Many hiders in Ontario have seen what happens when you publish a terrain 1 cache and do not enable the wheel chair accessible attribute. The reviewer will contact you to make sure that the terrain is correct and or enable the chair accessible attribute.

I do not consider some of the cachers I know as "statistically insignificant" and I know at least one reviewer does not think this either. Many hiders in Ontario have seen what happens when you publish a terrain 1 cache and do not enable the wheel chair accessible attribute. The reviewer will contact you to make sure that the terrain is correct and or enable the chair accessible attribute.

Terrain 1 = HANDICAP friendly, NOT wheelchair friendly...says so right on the rating system.

Wheelchair Accessible Attribute = Can someone who is in a wheelchair retrieve the cache?

I have placed a Terrain 1 cache where the cacher does not have to leave the pavement, yet someone in a wheelchair would not be able to retrieve the cache, but a handicapped person would have no problem retrieving it. Not everyone that is handicapped uses a wheelchair.

As for that cache in Brampton that has high muggle activity and stealth being required, go ahead and ignore it, but then you are missing out on a great place in the heart of Brampton as well as a well placed unique cache. I'ld rather find that Brampton cache, thank the cache owner for giving me an interesting cache location than go for a hike in the woods and find a cache at the base of a tree like so many other caches out there. Some of these hike in the woods really get boring over time when each of these forest hides really don't offer anything new or unique. I'ld rather see the interesting (Like the moose at Walmart HO) than hunt the mundane in the woods.

I'ld rather see the interesting (Like the moose at Walmart HO) than hunt the mundane in the woods.

That moose WAS unique wasn't it. Still wondering why they hid it around the side of the building (instead of view it from Argentia), and why they put the big recycling bin in front of it. Ruined the photo opportunity.

I mean, a Moose wearing a Wal*Mart uniform .... you'd think they would want to show it off eh?

....Many hiders in Ontario have seen what happens when you publish a terrain 1 cache and do not enable the wheel chair accessible attribute. The reviewer will contact you to make sure that the terrain is correct and or enable the chair accessible attribute.

I have a Terrain 1 cache without a Wheelchair Accessible Attribute.

Edit to add: My GSAK library shows 1700 Terrain 1 caches within 200 km of my house and only 627 have Wheelchair Accessible attribute.

Edited by Tequila

The archived cache page for this one shows up as unpublished now. How come other archived caches still show up?

I still think the Timmins one was worse....and by worse, I mean hilarious. Who picks up a suspicious item and puts it in their car and then drives to the police station and brings it to the front desk to report a bomb, lmao!

The archived cache page for this one shows up as unpublished now. How come other archived caches still show up?

I still think the Timmins one was worse....and by worse, I mean hilarious. Who picks up a suspicious item and puts it in their car and then drives to the police station and brings it to the front desk to report a bomb, lmao!

Well, there's a good way to knock the smiley count off by one..... if you found the cache before, and then celebrated #5000 at a glorious cache but went to a park'n'grab for 4999, guess what ...... :)

Well, there's a good way to knock the smiley count off by one..... if you found the cache before, and then celebrated #5000 at a glorious cache but went to a park'n'grab for 4999, guess what ...... :)

Hmmmm. Actually no, wait a minute. My find log is still there in my profile. It's just [LOCKED] now.

Appears we have uncovered a bug. If you look at flight idle's profile, the cache is still listed. But if you click on it, it shows unpublished.

Appears we have uncovered a bug. If you look at flight idle's profile, the cache is still listed. But if you click on it, it shows unpublished.

I suspect we have a new listing status. Not retracted, but a step beyond archived. I'll call it archive+hide.

At this point I think it's safe to say, if you own a Wal*Mart parking lot cache, you may want to go archive it yourself. It seems to me the beast has awoken.

I suspect we have a new listing status. Not retracted, but a step beyond archived. I'll call it archive+hide.

Nope. It's a site bug introduced in the last update. All archived+locked caches are showing as unpublished.

Check out any locationless finds in your profile.

Begs the question ... why'd it get (locked) vs archived

Edited by northernpenguin

Nope. It's a site bug introduced in the last update. All archived+locked caches are showing as unpublished.

Check out any locationless finds in your profile.

Begs the question ... why'd it get (locked) vs archived

My guess would be for the same reason as the Ape and Locationless caches. To prevent logging of false finds and comments.

My guess would be for the same reason as the Ape and Locationless caches. To prevent logging of false finds and comments.

Which is odd since it's not a special cache in the sense that it's a rare D/T or Type or Published Date.

Perhaps they were worried that any additional late loggers would anger Walmart further.

Perhaps they were worried that any additional late loggers would anger Walmart further.

Odd, you'd think Wal*Mart would love geocachers .... their corporate mascot is a smiley for cryin out loud!

WalMart.jpg

hmm that looks like a mean smiley from the eyebrows shape

kind of like Uncle Leo :)

uncle-leo.jpg