Cache On Somones Land

ryo62

The other week I found a cache where I had to put my hand over somones front fence to retrieve the cache from somones hedge. So the CO must have placed the cache in somones front hedge and everyone has to put their hand over the fence to retrieve it.

This should'nt be allowed shout it?

In principle, no, it doesn't seem right. In fact if you read the GAGB guidelines you'll see it's actually against the guidelines. Linky

But this depends very much on the cache in question. As MadH@ter points out, there are lots of caches there in front gardens with permission in which case it doesn't matter.

How about you email the owner and ask them if the do have permission? If you explain that you felt uncomfortable retriving it and that you just wanted to double check the owner knows about it before you do, I'm sure they'll be happy to answer your query.

In principle, no, it doesn't seem right. In fact if you read the GAGB guidelines you'll see it's actually against the guidelines. Linky

But this depends very much on the cache in question. As MadH@ter points out, there are lots of caches there in front gardens with permission in which case it doesn't matter.

How about you email the owner and ask them if the do have permission? If you explain that you felt uncomfortable retriving it and that you just wanted to double check the owner knows about it before you do, I'm sure they'll be happy to answer your query.

Makes sense... I did a cache in a small town in the US that was on someone's back porch. The cache description said all was OK but I still didn't just want to walk onto someone's private land, so I knocked on the front door.

Turned out it was all above board, the the homeowner had placed the cache as a way to meet people passing through. And he and his wife were a lovely couple we're still on contact with now!

We have done a few of these over the years both here in the UK and abroad... most have stated on the log page that the owner is aware and ? or is the cache setter.... great for pots of tea when out caching... LOL. Not good when it isn't stated on the cache page though :unsure: . MaxKim.