Who is going to GCF 2010?

anne.and.eli

Well I live here so it's pretty easy! Big thanks to NOSNOW and crew for putting together the bid and runnin it!!!

Some notes for you all...Find caches by X if you like Y.

Posen ... Comedic/funny/creative

King Boreas ... Well he has it all...

Topgear ... Go crazy/like misery/challenging

They are my fav 3! Keep in mind I'm a north burb cacher and the event is in the south burbs!

Edited by Zelanzy

Here are my plans for “A Well Rounded Cacher ?, The One Day Challenge”

http://coord.info/GC23AKC

There are 3 cache types that we have to do before going to Wisconsin to finish the challenge. They are Virtual, CITO & Event cache. So I was thinking about doing a Virtual & CITO before the Cup of Joe Mall of America event (8AM-10AM).

There are 3 close by Virtual with one of the have a Benchmark (Bouns get this out of the way) next to it.

There is a running CITO in Minnesota:

“7th Anniversary of CITO in MN” http://coord.info/GC8D14

Which states: Find a place anywhere in Minnesota that is in some need of cleaning up. This can be a public park, a trail, a road, or a cache site. Clean up the area for at minimum half an hour or half a mile of trail. If there is not enough trash at one area, combine 2 or 3 areas. I figure we could clean up around Mall of America or at the caches before the event. There are easy close by Multis and Traditionals.

Then of to the event, after the event head to Wisconsin to finish. Of coerce there are back up caches so don’t have to get the Bench Mark, Multi, or Traditional in Minnesota. I think we can get a couple of types while we do the Wherigo.

Saturday Sept, 18th 6,7?? Caching

Start the 10 Icon Challenge

Type 1 Seeker Smith Puzzle, Multi ??? , Roaming The Park, Multi ???

Type 2 Bench Mark???

Type 3 Cottontail on the Trail, Virtual, The Holy Grail?, Virtual, Mr. Little Guy's House, Virtual

Type 4 7th Anniversary of CITO in MN, CITO

Type 5? Other various caches until 7:45???? Traditional

Type 6 Cup of Joe Mall of America (8AM-10AM), Event

Drive to WI, 30 miles / 35 minutes Caches in no particular order

Type 7 Historic Hudson Wisconsin Wherigo

Type 8 Lake St. Croix Earth Cache or another close to choose from

Type 9 George Don't Live Here No More Letter Box or 3 other to choose from

Type 10 Up up and Away Puzzle

A Well Rounded Cacher ?, The One Day Challenge Puzzle

Find Other various caches and return to MN about 5pm

2010 Geocoinfest Meet and Greet 5pm-7pm (packet pickup)

Anyone is welcome to join us.

Edited by Atwell Family

Arriving Tuesday from England!

Staying at event hotel.

Our challenge of the trip will be to see if we can improve upon our personal best for the greatest distance between two caches in any one day.

Previously, on 8th August 2007 we did two caches 3916 miles apart. If all goes well this time, we shall get that up to 3969 miles! <_<

Look out for us; two girls, one using a wheelchair, the other with a gorgeous chocolate Labrador!

Coming in Wed -- Leaving Monday! :)

Coming in Thursday to Fargo :P Nabbing ND, SD, Iowa and Nebraska --- then arrive on Friday in Minneapolis --- leaving Monday with hopefully 6 new states under my belt! :)

I have a 2 hour lay over in Colorado, is that enough time to find a cache? :)<_<:)

When is the layover? I 2 hours at the Denver airport you could get 100 caches. Just look on the map of the area.

Stellar Jr and I are arriving late Thursday night via an Amtrak train.

We plan on hitting all the events on Friday, Saturday and Sunday along with some caching in and around MSP and Wisconsin and visiting the MOA. Leaving Monday morning and driving to Kansas City (and getting caches in South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, and Missouri) and taking the train from Kansas City on Tuesday morning back home to Pennsylvania.

Got the flight, hotel and car reserved, and a week off! I'm planning to do some of the Minnesota State Park geocaching Wildlife Safari caches around the state the few days before the event itself.

How about you all? :mellow:

Hey, I just did the gooseberry falls wildlife safari with my family yesterday. It was a series of 5 caches leading to the final ammo box. Really good views, I've been to gooseberry falls over 10 times but this series of caches took me to places I've never seen before! I just wish I could count these 5 caches here at gc.com :)

~Z

I am driving out Tuesday from Idaho (Oregon Boarder) and should make it there Thursday night or Friday early and then head back on Sunday or Monday or Tuesday.

7 to 10 days of fun on the road with my oldest daughter River Dancer and River Boarder and then to top it all off i get to se a bunch of you from Geocaching :?)

Please travel safe and i hope to see you there, Mike

Got the flight, hotel and car reserved, and a week off! I'm planning to do some of the Minnesota State Park geocaching Wildlife Safari caches around the state the few days before the event itself.

How about you all? :mellow:

Hey, I just did the gooseberry falls wildlife safari with my family yesterday. It was a series of 5 caches leading to the final ammo box. Really good views, I've been to gooseberry falls over 10 times but this series of caches took me to places I've never seen before! I just wish I could count these 5 caches here at gc.com :)

~Z

The multi does count at gc.com. or were you just saying you wished each stage counted? :laughing: almost every cache in that series is a multi. I can forward you the bookmarks list if you are in interested.

We are flying in on Tuesday, doing a quick trip around the state with a quick dip into Fargo, going to all the events and leaving Monday. Can't wait!

The multi does count at gc.com. or were you just saying you wished each stage counted? :) almost every cache in that series is a multi. I can forward you the bookmarks list if you are in interested.

We are flying in on Tuesday, doing a quick trip around the state with a quick dip into Fargo, going to all the events and leaving Monday. Can't wait!

Oh too funny, my gps, iphone and all pocket queries turn multi's off (since I almost never do them...I cache with a 2.5 year old with no patience heh). I just did a unflitered look at the area and found the multi. Saaweet!! Thanks for this...I was hoping the frog card wasn't the only "prize" :mellow:

I'll be there! Flying in from Japan and set to arrive Friday afternoon about 5pm. I've got hotel and car all buttoned up, but sure would like to carpool cache with someone, 'cause I seriously do not know my way around Minneapolis at all and am arriving sans navigator (i.e., my husband). Can I catch a ride with you, Mike?

Man, I seriously need to dig into the Event sub-events and start making plans!

I'll be there! Flying in from Japan and set to arrive Friday afternoon about 5pm. I've got hotel and car all buttoned up, but sure would like to carpool cache with someone, 'cause I seriously do not know my way around Minneapolis at all and am arriving sans navigator (i.e., my husband). Can I catch a ride with you, Mike?

Well, you'd better get a prize for being the cacher who traveled the farthest. Wait a sec...yet another reason for me to show up :yikes: jk, I won't be there. Have fun for me though!

Don't do what I did last year for SLC, look at the map before you leave and say to yourself "it can't be that hard to find, it's just off the Interstate". Then don't bother bringing a map or downloading any coords because you can do all that at the hotel when you get there, lol. Most importantly if Georgia tries to give you directions, don't listen to her :yikes:

I get in around 5:00pm also (UA 1222 arriving at 5:07pm). If you look up higher in this thread on Saturday we (a few friends from Denver and myself and who ever else whats to join us) are going to cache in MN and WI to complete a 10 icon challenge in 1 day.

Call me when you get in or I'll see you at the Friday night event. I'll email my number.

This is really sounding like some fun.

Georgia will be there so i may see if she wants to ride with us and show us the routes around town HUMMMM

This may not be a good idea from the sounds of things.

Since i have a vending booth next to anne.and.eli and they are bringing the Taffy i decided to go grab 60 Idaho Spud candy bars to share but i am not sure how many i will eat on the away.

Please stop by and say hi :yikes:

Idaho Spud candy bars??? whats in them??? ;)

I use to send these out on missions and i still do on other misc orders.

I am sure you will be able to get one Anne since you will be right there :?)

Here is a little info on these wonderful tasting candy bars. YUMMMMYYYYY!!!!!

Idaho Spud - (Idaho) "The Candy Bar that makes Idaho famous." Cocoa flavored marshmallow center covered in chocolate and coconut flakes. The moist marshmallow center's texture is like a cross between marshmallow and bread pudding. Strange, but strangely compelling, as I'm a marshmallow and bread pudding lover.

272d8e45-8929-44a2-93a8-ae61ce19189c.jpg

Idaho Spud - (Idaho) "The Candy Bar that makes Idaho famous." Cocoa flavored marshmallow center covered in chocolate and coconut flakes. The moist marshmallow center's texture is like a cross between marshmallow and bread pudding. Strange, but strangely compelling, as I'm a marshmallow and bread pudding lover.

looks great...yummmmmmmm...thanks... :D :ph34r:

3 hours of meetings, then I get to go home and pack, and then I'm up at 5a tomorrow to head to the airport and fly out!!!

CANNOT WAIT.

These meetings are going to be AGONNYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

;)

Be sure to have a safe trip.

We had planned on leavinfg tomorrow but we ended upwitha few appointments so we are Leaving real early Wednesday and returning sometime next week or the next weekend.

I can not wait to get out of town either.

I am on a break from all my treatments and i hope to be feeling great for GCF :?.

looks great...yummmmmmmm...thanks... :D :ph34r:

I am doing mail and i got 60 of these and i hope 50 make it there so i can drop you one iin the mail.

Please send me your address so you can be a taste tester and let everyone know how good they are.

These are only sold around our area so they are VHTG LOL.

Have to run and work on mail for the day.

Just a tip for those coming in from states afar, especially if you are driving, check this website:

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/

That is the link to the official DOT website.

In Minnesota we have 2 seasons, winter and road construction. There's no snow (yet) which means the cones and barrels are still kings of the road. I know if you want to go west on I 94 outside of the metro they have a project that is really jacking up I 94 just outside of the metro oddly enough late at night. I saw runs into Wisconsin mentioned, I know I 494/694 and I 94 have some big projects going on in the east metro that would be the "ideal" route between Hudson and Bloomington, where the event hotel is at. Also this state has a very funky habit of just closing entire stretches of highways for the weekend, although I haven't heard of any for this particular weekend. If I hear of any I'll try to post them here.

If you're going to use light rail, enjoy, it is very easy to use between MSP, the Mall of America, the event hotel and downtown Minneapolis. The only thing to be aware of is on Sunday the downtown bound trains will be very full with Vikings fans going to the game, and in the afternoon the reverse. As long as you're not allergic to purple you should be fine!

For those that don't have a rental car and don't like the idea of asking a stranger for a ride a cab from the event hotel to the Smore's event (which is the only event you really would need a cab for, the MOA events can be accessed via light rail) should be about a 10-15 minute ride TOPS. If the cabbie has no clue where you're talking about (and honestly there is a pretty good chance of that) tell them to take highway 5 past the airport to the Shepard Road exit, -- the exit right after you cross the bridge, bear right to Shepard Road, not to the left onto Edgecumbe, then go straight through the stoplight and follow that paralell road down the hill to the pavilion that will be on your right past the boat marina. For those of you with cars, there are some directions for you, cause sometimes the GPS's will freak out a little right at that Sheppard Road intersection. Cab fare I'm guessing would be under 20 bucks, but that's a guess.

Any questions about the area, feel free to ask... Crosby Park where the smore's event is is LOADED with caches and is a great park to explore. Most of all enjoy and have fun!

Just a tip for those coming in from states afar, especially if you are driving, check this website:

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/

That is the link to the official DOT website.

In Minnesota we have 2 seasons, winter and road construction. There's no snow (yet) which means the cones and barrels are still kings of the road. I know if you want to go west on I 94 outside of the metro they have a project that is really jacking up I 94 just outside of the metro oddly enough late at night. I saw runs into Wisconsin mentioned, I know I 494/694 and I 94 have some big projects going on in the east metro that would be the "ideal" route between Hudson and Bloomington, where the event hotel is at. Also this state has a very funky habit of just closing entire stretches of highways for the weekend, although I haven't heard of any for this particular weekend. If I hear of any I'll try to post them here.

If you're going to use light rail, enjoy, it is very easy to use between MSP, the Mall of America, the event hotel and downtown Minneapolis. The only thing to be aware of is on Sunday the downtown bound trains will be very full with Vikings fans going to the game, and in the afternoon the reverse. As long as you're not allergic to purple you should be fine!

For those that don't have a rental car and don't like the idea of asking a stranger for a ride a cab from the event hotel to the Smore's event (which is the only event you really would need a cab for, the MOA events can be accessed via light rail) should be about a 10-15 minute ride TOPS. If the cabbie has no clue where you're talking about (and honestly there is a pretty good chance of that) tell them to take highway 5 past the airport to the Shepard Road exit, -- the exit right after you cross the bridge, bear right to Shepard Road, not to the left onto Edgecumbe, then go straight through the stoplight and follow that paralell road down the hill to the pavilion that will be on your right past the boat marina. For those of you with cars, there are some directions for you, cause sometimes the GPS's will freak out a little right at that Sheppard Road intersection. Cab fare I'm guessing would be under 20 bucks, but that's a guess.

Any questions about the area, feel free to ask... Crosby Park where the smore's event is is LOADED with caches and is a great park to explore. Most of all enjoy and have fun!

Thanks! That is some great info!

How about a weather report? We are still wearing shorts here in Texas. I'm wondering if I should pack jeans for the trip!

If you're from a warmer climate I would for sure bring jeans. Also jeans are nice because this is tick country, especially when you venture into the woods, both in the metro and outstate/Wisconsin. I haven't seen many recently, but we haven't had a good hard freeze to kill em off yet, so they're still out there. Also bring your favorite mosquito repellent, unless you want to meet our state bird up close and personal.

I'll be there too! I know I'm a bit late to this thread. I'm driving from Indiana (!) and will leave o-dark-thirty on Fri in the hopes of arriving in time for the event on Fri. Then I'm leaving on Monday morning. Had to take 2 days off of work (grrr), but I figured it was better to have all day to drive back on Mon then try to leave on Sun and get home really late.