iPhone app!

cowproduct

Hey guys! I'm new to all this, but I got the app on the iphone 4. Man it is amazing! I've done 3 GC's in 3 days, and looking for more. The app is easy to use and works a charm! I'd recommend anyone with an iphone to get the app (I think you can do it with iphone 3G too). It's about AU$15, but so worth it! I don't need any other equipment.

I just wanted to introduce myself too. I live in Canberra and would like to know how many others here also GC in Canberra.

There is a very active caching community in Canberra (you can tell by how many caches are hidden here). Log onto the Geocaching Australia site (use the same caching name but you will need to register separately as they are two different beasts) and visit the forums there. You will find that's where many Aussie cachers communicate.

Hey guys! I'm new to all this, but I got the app on the iphone 4. Man it is amazing! I've done 3 GC's in 3 days, and looking for more. The app is easy to use and works a charm! I'd recommend anyone with an iphone to get the app (I think you can do it with iphone 3G too). It's about AU$15, but so worth it! I don't need any other equipment.

I just wanted to introduce myself too. I live in Canberra and would like to know how many others here also GC in Canberra.

The app is easy to use and works a charm! I'd recommend anyone with an iphone to get the app (I think you can do it with iphone 3G too).

Most people are aware of the app and you're right, it is very good. But under thick tree cover in the middle of the bush with rain pouring down ... I'd rather use a proper GPS receiver. If you ever decide to get one, I recommend the Magellan GC or the Garmin eTrex (discontinued but still available) or the Garmin 60 series. I have the later and I don't cry when I drop it or when I'm out of mobile range.

Does anyone use this app on their iTouch?

I have a GPS which I use to locate the caches but was wondering if the app was worth getting for paperless caching?

I don't see why not. If you were on wifi you could save the caches you were interested in for offline use.

I believe there is some way to use it with pocket queries as well but I haven't tried that.

I have a GPS which I use to locate the caches but was wondering if the app was worth getting for paperless caching?

first its not called an itouch its an ipod touch like you call it an ipod nano.

secondly, no i wouldnt use it on the ipod touch, because as soon as there is abit of clour cover or you are in a valley like i live, the gps (satellite gps chip) stops working and wont "find where you are"

first its not called an itouch its an ipod touch like you call it an ipod nano.

secondly, no i wouldnt use it on the ipod touch, because as soon as there is abit of clour cover or you are in a valley like i live, the gps (satellite gps chip) stops working and wont "find where you are"

Actually it's an iPod touch if you want to be really anal about it.

The iPod touch doesn't have a GPS chip and can only guess at location based on any available wifi networks.

I agree, the iPhone app is pretty terrific and a very cost-effective way to add GPS capability to your geocaching.

A Word-of-Warning: It is very easy to use up your plan data allowance. I have a $50/month plan that cost me $115 one month. That prompted me to by a dedicated GPS receiver!