Geocaching in the Middle East

me N u

We have been updating the website (to keep it fresh) and we were thinking that we should have an area on the website promoting geocaching in the Middle East. We love travel to our neighbours and going hunting.

So.....

To our neighbours or com-patriots (in the caching sense of the word): Would you mind writing a semi-regular piece about geocaching in Bahrain, Qatar and Oman or the UAE? wherever you live? this way we may be able to entice more folks stuck in Saudi to get out and explore the neighbourhood.

Topics can include the history of caching in your country, the latest caches, special information/equipment needed to stay safe while caching in your area, event promotions, etc.

Hope you all think this is a good idea....

You can email your article to menugeocaching@gmail.com or to admin@saudigeocachers.com or if you have website membership post it directly on the website. I will create a special area under Geocache Information in anticipation.

Happy Geocaching - and don't let the heat keep you indoors :D

Ellie

PS if you know other cachers in your area who would be interested to submit something, please share this post with them.

Edited by me N u

Check out the lastest show from Podcacher -it covers the Arabian Gulf cachers - mainly qatar, Oman and UAE - but they are planning to have Mohammed on for an interview for a saudi perspective too.

I have uploaded the GoGeocaching, TB Rescue and First Geocache videos to the FB page and website (available on YouTube). Will the Podcacher people mind if I upload the podcast to the site or to FB?

Check out the lastest show from Podcacher -it covers the Arabian Gulf cachers - mainly qatar, Oman and UAE - but they are planning to have Mohammed on for an interview for a saudi perspective too.

I have uploaded the GoGeocaching, TB Rescue and First Geocache videos to the FB page and website (available on YouTube). Will the Podcacher people mind if I upload the podcast to the site or to FB?

I am pretty sure they wouldn't mind at all if you provided the link on the FB page. Just acknowledge the fact.

Just whet your whistle: we have a new member in Saudi Geocachers (falsafat) who has kindly submitted our first Arabic language content and an Arabic language video of his first geocache find!

http://www.saudigeocachers.com/index.php?o...l&Itemid=58

Please submit content or photos of your geocaching activities in Saudi Arabia (and the Middle East!): put your name up in lights - kind of....