GC Fantasy Football 2010

rickctroop13

Got a post wondering about existence of last year's Fantasy League on the thread for my survival leagues, so I'm starting it a thread of it's own. Commish is again Tim, Crimson Cobras, and invites should have gone out to all of last season's managers.

Currently there are 9 of 12 teams re-upped.

Just joined the 1 strike league....

Also, is no1 doing Geocoin fantasy football this year? I havent seen any threads...

I could set a league up if people are interested...

It is going (the same one as last season, presuming the same prize rules) and it is one player short of being able to draft. PM me , & I'm sure commish Tim won't mind if I give you the league ID# & password...

League is still one team short on drafting (odd number of players, need at least one more to open up draft. 3 spots left overall.

Gonna start a new thread using this message so folks know league is up..

Great, thank you! The league is now full. If there is enough interest to start other leagues, please do...we have had great fun doing this for the last couple of years. :unsure:

I will sign up tommorow as quite busy keep my fourm updated and doing the man chores round the house atm.

Hey...not interested in the Football league as I am not that big of a Football fan (I know...the Horror!!) but I was wondering how your Fantasy League worked, specificly how it relates to Geo Coins and how your format is laid out...I ask because I am from Canada and therefore a HUGE Hockey fan and was wondering if this sort of thing would work when the Hockey Season starts up in a little over a month...Thanks for the info...T.

Hey...not interested in the Football league as I am not that big of a Football fan (I know...the Horror!!) but I was wondering how your Fantasy League worked, specificly how it relates to Geo Coins and how your format is laid out...I ask because I am from Canada and therefore a HUGE Hockey fan and was wondering if this sort of thing would work when the Hockey Season starts up in a little over a month...Thanks for the info...T.

Most of the games here utilize the Yahoo Sports fantasy set-ups- all the work is pretty done for you, there are multiple scoring options that can be chosen/setup by the person running the league.

Haven't looked into it myself, but they do have Hockey:

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey

As to relating to Geocoins, it can be another way to hold a cointest- winner of league gets prize based on whatever the league starter sets up. This Football league has the winner getting a coin from each of the other players at end of season. I have some 'pick 'em' games set up where I will send winner a coin. Just set up rules ahead of time so all participants know what's expected & have fun!

Funkmaster-T, the only way this is allowed in here, is because it is a geocoin cointest, with geocoins at the end of the season as prizes, and all that is taken care of off site. Any other form of this cointest would not be allowed. (ie; playing for money, other prizes, etc...) Groundspeak will not allow gambling in the forums.

Thanks for the answers...I run a Hockey Pool at work each year so I have a site I work with already (although I do know about YahooSports)...Sounds like this could work...will have to do some figuring and see what I can come up with...And Eartha...Duly noted...It would definetly be a Cointest...Sounds like a great idea...T.

Got a post wondering about existence of last year's Fantasy League on the thread for my survival leagues, so I'm starting it a thread of it's own. Commish is again Tim, Crimson Cobras, and invites should have gone out to all of last season's managers.

Currently there are 9 of 12 teams re-upped.

It is going (the same one as last season, presuming the same prize rules) and it is one player short of being able to draft. PM me , & I'm sure commish Tim won't mind if I give you the league ID# & password...

League is still one team short on drafting (odd number of players, need at least one more to open up draft. 3 spots left overall.

League culled to 10 players, still waiting for #10 to sign up...(info was sent to 'Tha Saint'- if you didn't get it let me know...)

Ya i got confused here. I was talking with Triplewisdom about the league 1st, then when talkin with Rick I thought it was the same league.. I didnt realize there were 2 leagues.. I dont have the time to do both leagues so I went with the person I commited to 1st wich was Triplewisdom.. Sorry about that..

Ya i got confused here. I was talking with Triplewisdom about the league 1st, then when talkin with Rick I thought it was the same league.. I didnt realize there were 2 leagues.. I dont have the time to do both leagues so I went with the person I commited to 1st wich was Triplewisdom.. Sorry about that..

Bootblackblast- you're about to have mail...

Bootblackblast- you're about to have mail...

Do you have room for one more? I was thinking about starting a league too, but I love fantasy football so I might do multiple teams in different leagues. Let me know!