Oregon 450 sale at REI

Seeing that the Oregon 450 was on backorder on the REI website made me rush in to get one now.

I wanted to make sure I could get a 450 at REI for the sale price but didn't want to risk walking in to an empty shelf.

So I bought it 5 days early at the full price (on credit card) and will take back the receipt when the sale starts to get a refund of the difference. That way I was assured of getting my hands on 1 of 4 units at my nearest REI store (which is only a 5 minute drive from my work).

Edited by Elk Grove Treasure Hunters

sale? i see the regular price we paid 3 months ago here in Canada

Starting on 8/27/10 the Oregon 450 is on sale for $249.99 at REI. Going forward what will be next in the Oregon series.

Hadn't seen any ad copy for their sale yet. Thanks for posting. What's REI's policy on rain checks for their brick and mortar outlets?
What's REI's policy on rain checks for their brick and mortar outlets?

You can always order it online after the sales start and have it shipped to your local store for free.

I believe they have a 14 day price guarantee (at least, that's what a store employee told me - might be longer). I bought a roof rack, and 1 week later it was on sale for $100 less. Got the difference back. Another time I bought a hat, and a few weeks later (definitely after 14 days) I brought it back to exchange for one a size larger. Not only did they allowed me to exchange it, they refunded me the difference because it was on sale on the day I went to exchange it. I love these guys.

Very tempted with the 450, but with my 300 only 9 months old, I'll resist.

What's REI's policy on rain checks for their brick and mortar outlets?

You can always order it online after the sales start and have it shipped to your local store for free.

I believe they have a 14 day price guarantee (at least, that's what a store employee told me - might be longer). I bought a roof rack, and 1 week later it was on sale for $100 less. Got the difference back. Another time I bought a hat, and a few weeks later (definitely after 14 days) I brought it back to exchange for one a size larger. Not only did they allowed me to exchange it, they refunded me the difference because it was on sale on the day I went to exchange it. I love these guys.

Very tempted with the 450, but with my 300 only 9 months old, I'll resist.

Ah, come on! The economy sucks and the retailers are hurting. $250 for a 450 is a great deal! Go ahead. Take the plunge. By the way, I saw where you found Big Rock in Redwood Park. I love that park! I think French Trail is the most beautiful trail in the East Bay.

OldA'sFan

Ah, come on! The economy sucks and the retailers are hurting. $250 for a 450 is a great deal! Go ahead. Take the plunge. By the way, I saw where you found Big Rock in Redwood Park. I love that park! I think French Trail is the most beautiful trail in the East Bay.

My personal economy ain't so hot either :laughing: But I gotta admit, it is a fantastic price for that unit.

Yeah, that was a great park, and the trail is one of the nicest I've hiked on in a while. I was a little surprised at first to find a micro so far in the park, but that hide was really funny :laughing:

Does the huge discounting of the 450 indicate that a new model is coming out soon? I have a 400 and wouldn't mind upgrading just to get the higher cache loadability, but if there's a better one on the horizon, I might wait. I bought the 400 last year and a week later they announced the 450, so I'd like to avoid a repeat.

Does the huge discounting of the 450 indicate that a new model is coming out soon? I have a 400 and wouldn't mind upgrading just to get the higher cache loadability, but if there's a better one on the horizon, I might wait. I bought the 400 last year and a week later they announced the 450, so I'd like to avoid a repeat.
There's ALWAYS a better one on the horizon until you shoot all the engineers or send them home.

The sale appears to be unique to REI at this time, not channel wide, so I wouldn't read anything into it.

man, why can't we have sales likes this up in canada. MEC (the CDN version of REI) doesn't have sales, against their policy. they lower prices on clearance items, but don't have sales.

i'm in the market for a 450 or 550. i've seen a used 550 locally for a good price, but fear about it being USED have not being able to take advantage of the warranty if i need it. :)

man, why can't we have sales likes this up in canada. MEC (the CDN version of REI) doesn't have sales, against their policy. they lower prices on clearance items, but don't have sales.

Why not just order from REI? They will ship it, and the exchange isn't bad right now.

i tried the checkout for that, shipping to canada is $45. with exchange, duty and shiipping, it would be cheaper to buy here.