62s & bulk deleting

I just plug into my computer and delete what I want from the GPX files, that way I get to keep what I havn't found

Understand that, however, when out on a mega run and the computer is not available.

Much Thanks to all who have chimed in ... the assistance is much appreciated.

And sooooooo much better than, what is that new abomination ... " Get Satisfaction "

I have played with the unit and have arrived at the following conclusion.

SAVE YOUR MONEY...When I play cache I want to be able to delete a SINGLE cache, parking site, whatever and this unit does not currently allow you to do this. IF there is a way then I will retract my statement but lets get real...

If I read the very 'thin user manual' and following the directions to delete a single waypoint all I get is the option of deleting ALL the waypoints. This what I want for $400+.

I want to be able to selectivly delete single waypoints.

I want to be able to selectivly delete filtered lists of waypoints (found geocaches, all geocaches, etc.)

I want to be able to do this in the field for whatever my reasons may be.

The way that I was able to do this in my older GPSMAP Cx was very nice.

Until GARMIN can SPECIFICALLY address these and other issues that I have heard about SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Maybe they were thinking about the Christmas Shopping season before the users of those new toys.

Edited by rajalas

** When I play cache I want to be able to delete a SINGLE cache, parking site, whatever and this unit does not currently allow you to do this. **

If I read the very 'thin user manual' and following the directions to delete a single waypoint all I get is the option of deleting ALL the waypoints.

I want to be able to selectivly delete filtered lists of waypoints (found geocaches, all geocaches, etc.)

The party has a valid point.

Until GARMIN can SPECIFICALLY address these and other issues that I have heard about SAVE YOUR MONEY.

Maybe they were thinking about the Christmas Shopping season before the users of those new toys.

You can delete individual waypoints on the 62 using the waypoint manager, but the rest of your wishlist is good. Those limitations are not a deal breaker for me though, since the 62's advantages far outweigh those issues. Everybody will have different opinions. After a period of not being too sure, I've come to love the 62s. It took a bit of cornfiguring to get it to where I like it, but now it's great!