Bushwhacking Through Hell

ECplus3

I've been working on this design for awhile -- ever since I bushwacked 200 meters through a blackberry bramble before finding the cache -- and the trail. In retrospect the trek wasn't that bad, but it sure felt horrible while I was enduring it! The deerflies were the size of hummingbirds, the thorns made mincemeat of my jeans, and the wildlife (though not dangerous) seemed to be mocking me every step.

This coin is for everyone who makes this a habit. :P

PHD10300_art.jpg

Funny! :unsure: That is how I got into caching...well sort of!

A friend of ours came by on his bike for a visit. Since he was wearing bicycle shorts I noticed how shredded and scabby his legs were. I asked him if he had been in an accident with his bike on the way to work but he said no, he'd been geocaching on bike again. So, then he had to explain what geocaching was and I thought it sure sounded fun! We got our GPS a few days later but it took me a while to figure out not to cache in shorts. :D

BTW, we have our own version of Bushwacking Through Hell here in Australia if you want to do a v.2 someday... <_<

Final mint art has been approved and these are now in the sample phase.

personally i find the font and the red color hard to read

The first draft was definitely hard to read, so I re-worked the text (this made the mint happier too as there were less tiny areas for them to fill). It may still be dark on the black nickel finish, but the red is a bit brighter too so it should still be easy to read.

PHD10300_art2.jpg

I am having samples made in antiques and black nickel. Any special requests? :laughing:

The first draft was definitely hard to read, so I re-worked the text (this made the mint happier too as there were less tiny areas for them to fill). It may still be dark on the black nickel finish, but the red is a bit brighter too so it should still be easy to read.

those look awesome, how much are they going to be, and shipping to Canada?

Nice, but as a parent, I am not too keen on my kids potentially finding geocoins in a cache with profanity on them.

:laughing:

those look awesome, how much are they going to be, and shipping to Canada?

Nice, but as a parent, I am not too keen on my kids potentially finding geocoins in a cache with profanity on them.

:laughing:

Given the context I don't consider the word 'Hell' profane.

However I do respect your concern. There are some coins I would not like my children finding that others consider perfectly acceptable.

Should the word "bushwacking" have another "h" added? The Webster's dictionary shows it spelled as "bushwhacking".

Whoa! Epic save!!

I had it spelled correctly in my first draft, but must have hit backspace while editing it before it was converted to shapes!

Thanks for the catch!

PHD10300_art5.jpg

Edited by E&Cplus3

Should the word "bushwacking" have another "h" added? The Webster's dictionary shows it spelled as "bushwhacking".

Whoa! Epic save!!

I had it spelled correctly in my first draft, but must have hit backspace while editing it before it was converted to shapes!

Thanks for the catch!

You're welcome :laughing:

Whoa! Epic save!!

Thanks for the catch!

PHD10300_art5.jpg

Nice!! I have definitely bushwhacked to a cache, unnecessarily, more times than I care to count :)

The samples are in!

The mint messed up one thing: the blue sky on the back should have been soft enamel. But other than that I'm pretty happy with how they turned out! :anicute:

I won't be doing any LEs or XLEs on these ones. Just the four finishes so that people can pick their favourite(s).

PHD10401.jpg

PHD10402.jpg

PHD10403.jpg

PHD10404.jpg

You're not concerned about the lack of contrast between foreground and background on the front side of the coin? On the bn version especially it's hard to distinguish the two in the pic. Perhaps IRL it shows better.

The enamel on the front isn't actually black. It is a dark grey. There is a bit more contrast than these photos show.

The enamel on the front isn't actually black. It is a dark grey. There is a bit more contrast than these photos show.

I think the key when photographing the metals is to get them to reflect something bright white - that what the lightboxes do.

But based on the descriptions, I think its the shiny silver ones i want - put me down for four immediate purchase when you are ready. (I just finished helping some caching friends with a Cerberus float and want to give a couple of the coins to them - the third for me and the 4th to send out).

Given my caching name, and the fact that I can't find a trail to save my life, I think I would like one. Black nickel, please.

I am new to Geocoins and whenever I run across a post like this one where I wish to purchase I never seem to be able to figure out how to do so. Can anyone fill this newbie in on how the works?

Given my caching name, and the fact that I can't find a trail to save my life, I think I would like one. Black nickel, please.

I am new to Geocoins and whenever I run across a post like this one where I wish to purchase I never seem to be able to figure out how to do so. Can anyone fill this newbie in on how the works?

I'll be announcing the pre-sale dates and details on how to order this coin very soon!

Thanks for the positive feedback on the coin!!!

Awwww.....shucks, missed this pre-sale :rolleyes: If you have any extras please let me know.

I always make extras of every version just in case. Once all the orders are filled, the remaining coins will go up for sale on my website.

I'll announce it here and in a newsletter.

Thanks, I appreciate it :)

Hello E&Cplus3

I bought a One "Bloodhound Coin" and One "Ghosthound Coin" from you on Oct 13th. My order no is 289. The paypal went through to the wrong address. I emailed you immediately and told you that the order needed to be switched, nearly a month later I have not heard from you. Please contact me for the correct address as i will not post it in a public forum.

Hello E&Cplus3

I bought a One "Bloodhound Coin" and One "Ghosthound Coin" from you on Oct 13th. My order no is 289. The paypal went through to the wrong address. I emailed you immediately and told you that the order needed to be switched, nearly a month later I have not heard from you. Please contact me for the correct address as i will not post it in a public forum.

Hi there,

I received your email with the corrected address and updated my order sheet accordingly.

Cheers!

Hello E&Cplus3

Hi there,

I received your email with the corrected address and updated my order sheet accordingly.

Cheers!

Thank you. I am excited for my first Geocoins!