Cache saturation test! Join in!

Coldgears

There are 2002 within 10 miles of my house in outer southeast Portland Oregon. I did this as 3 queries:

Everything EXCEPT small and micro caches: 614

Small caches: 494

Micro caches: 894

If I do the search for all sizes in one query, I hit the 1000 limit at 6.8 miles.

Edited by lee_rimar

I live in California and it results in 1000 caches. The farthest of which is 7.9 mi away. Haha, we have so many caches around here!

You have so many people around there too.

It's too bad that everyone hasn't listed their postal code along with their cache totals or I'd created a heat map of the results that could show where all the hot spots are.

I have found 60

I have not found 13

11 are mine

As far as I know, none are LPC. I don't think any I have not found are LPC as I doubt there are any LPs in the area of them. There are several micros though.

Most I think are small and regular.

1 is large. It is mine. It is a 7 gallon waterproof dog food container.

Thanks! Your pocket query has been saved and currently results in 848 caches.

I am in the Phoenix, AZ area. I should also point out that I included caches I already found - just to see how many their were. If I exclude caches I found, there are 0 withing 10 miles of my home location.

I live (fairly) close to skraeling, so my results are going to be about the same.

There are exactly 9 caches within 10 miles of me. As others with low saturation have stated, caching for us is either a weekend day trip, or picking up a few as we go about regular running. My kids and I found 10 last weekend by backroading on the way to take them home. Today's cache trip should result in about 10 finds and somewhere near 100 miles.

TOTAL- Thanks! Your pocket query has been saved and currently results in 73 caches.

OWNED- 4

NOT FOUND- Thanks! Your pocket query has been modified and currently results in 30 caches.

The joys of living in a small town, on top of a mountain. I have to travel and plan to really cache.

There are 2002 within 10 miles of my house in outer southeast Portland Oregon. I did this as 3 queries:

Everything EXCEPT small and micro caches: 614

Small caches: 494

Micro caches: 894

If I do the search for all sizes in one query, I hit the 1000 limit at 6.8 miles.

I just did a search from my location in Outer SE Portland.

1922 caches within 10 miles of where I am right now...

I guess I'm going to be busy for a while then...

Z.

There are 80 caches within 10 miles. I live in a small town in the Sacramento River Delta. Lots of farm roads, but not many local cachers, so not that many hides. Twenty-five of the nearby caches are mine. Part of the problem around here is also finding places for unique, quality hides. I could probably hide tons if I allowed myself to place a lot of micros at the base of fence posts, but I'd rather not go that route.

If I expand the search to 15 miles, the numbers jump to 355, as a few big towns start to come into play.

Stretch the perimeter to 20 miles and the number jumps to well over 1000.

I've always thought I had pretty good cache saturation. There's a lot of caches near me. But I believe I may be wrong and it may be pretty bad actually. So I'm doing an experiement. I want everyone to do a pocket query of 10 miles of there home coords and see how many they get. For me there is 642 from my home coords... What about yours? I live right near philly so that may give me the "city advantage!"

To allow the other thread about hiding a cache with high saturation, I want to allow that to be about... Well hiding a cache with high saturation. So i'm bringing back this this thread in hopes that the test's will be performed here.

Oh, and it increased from 642 to

Total Records: 761

within 10 miles I now have about 120 more caches then I did less then a year ago... Keep it up cache hiders!

Edited by Coldgears

Copenhagen, Denmark.

I just checked and a PQ with 4.55 miles comes up with 987 caches; 4.6 miles is over 1000. Within a 10 miles radius there's 2040 caches.

Which does explain why it's so hard to find a spot to hide a new cache here...time to move!

Also interesting, the smallest distance (1km) in the PQ still yields 39 caches...

Mr. Terratin

Thanks! Your pocket query has been saved and currently results in 504 caches.

This is in the east end of Toronto (also known as Scarborough). Considering that I live quite close to Lake Ontario, that's more than I would have expected! I'm still new, so I've got a long way to go before I run out of nearby caches to find.