Cache saturation test! Join in!

Coldgears

I've always thought I had pretty good cache saturation. There's a lot of caches near me. But I believe I may be wrong and it may be pretty bad actually. So I'm doing an experiement. I want everyone to do a pocket query of 10 miles of there home coords and see how many they get. For me there is 642 from my home coords... What about yours? I live right near philly so that may give me the "city advantage!"

Edited by Coldgears

Thanks! Your pocket query has been saved and currently results in 848 caches.

I am in the Phoenix, AZ area. I should also point out that I included caches I already found - just to see how many their were. If I exclude caches I found, there are 0 withing 10 miles of my home location.

Thanks! Your pocket query has been saved and currently results in 32 caches.

I drive a lot to get to where caches are....

And here I thought my area had a low saturation...a whole 52 caches showed up on the PQ.

And yes, a caching trip is usually a day long event and doing a 100 miles is an easy run!!

It's not unusual for me to drive 30 miles to get a cache out in the woods here. I try to clump a bunch together (and by a bunch I mean like 5) and make it a day trip. There's no quick after work caches for me. It's a weekend day trip if I want to get some.

This is From the Los Angeles area. I think there is more, but the system will only let me do 1000 total. My PQ only goes up to 7.1 miles. So yeah I know there are more.

The actual number for 10 miles is 1391, but within 25 miles I have 5887 different caches to find. Yay for me.

Edited by ihorn

Thanks! Your pocket query has been saved and currently results in 848 caches.

I am in the Phoenix, AZ area. I should also point out that I included caches I already found - just to see how many their were. If I exclude caches I found, there are 0 withing 10 miles of my home location.

I would have thought even more for Phoenix. When you look at Google Earth maps at a certain magnification it looks like a single big green moldy blob has obliterated the city.

When I tried to submit the query , I got a message saying "You can choose from 1 to 1000 results in a query". How do I expand this amount since there are more than 1000 caches within a 10 mile radius of my home coordinates?

When I checked the distance to the 1000th cache, it turns out to be 9.9 miles from my home coordinates.

609, not counting those on my ignore list. Philly is still having a problem with that cache thief, isn't it?

From what I've noticed he stopped a month ago. It seems like it's the aftershock now of people having to archive/fix to avoid reviewer intervention. A few are still disabled like, more coffee on grant ave, but my needs maintance notification isn't going off like crazy anymore.

I wasn't able to go out to 10 miles before hitting the 1000 limit. 9 miles either. At 8 miles, I had 900 caches. This is centered in Newcastle, WA, just east of Seattle. Considering there are some large bodies of water within that radius, the land areas are pretty saturated (with caches).

Edited by hydnsek