Deleting waypoints on Garmin GPSmap 76CSx

cham-69

I have over 300 caches loaded onto my GPSmap 76CSx and I now want to delete most of them. Does anybody know if there is any way I can perform a mass select and delete either directly from the GPS or via a software application? So far I have only been able to delete them individually (one at a time). I'd rather be out caching than spending all day doing this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated! :P Thanks!!

Edited by cham-69

I have over 300 caches loaded onto my GPSmap 76CSx and I now want to delete most of them. Does anybody know if there is any way I can perform a mass select and delete either directly from the GPS or via a software application? So far I have only been able to delete them individually (one at a time). I'd rather be out caching than spending all day doing this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated! :P Thanks!!

You can not delete via software, the unit is not set up for this.

You can delete them all in one shot ...find->waypoint->menu->delete..

Your choices are

all

or select by symbol

You can not delete via software, the unit is not set up for this.

You can delete them all in one shot ...find->waypoint->menu->delete..

Your choices are

all

or select by symbol

Jholly, Reread the OP.....maybe you (or I) misunderstood? I can, and do delete individual or multiple waypoints at once by using Expert GPS (or Easy GPS ).

Download all from unit and delete the unwanted, then reload what you want to save back in.

Jholly, Reread the OP.....maybe you (or I) misunderstood? I can, and do delete individual or multiple waypoints at once by using Expert GPS (or Easy GPS ).

Download all from unit and delete the unwanted, then reload what you want to save back in.

The 76CSx does not have the software interface to delete individual waypoints on the unit via software command. You can send waypoints and you can receive waypoints, there is no option to delete waypoints.

What you describe will work, but your overlooking one critical step. After you copy the waypoints off the unit you need to delete *all* the caches on the unit first because the modified file you reload will not delete the caches on the unit that are not in the file.

The 76CSx does not have the software interface to delete individual waypoints on the unit via software command. You can send waypoints and you can receive waypoints, there is no option to delete waypoints.

What you describe will work, but your overlooking one critical step. After you copy the waypoints off the unit you need to delete *all* the caches on the unit first because the modified file you reload will not delete the caches on the unit that are not in the file.

Hi - thanks to all replies to this post - the solution is so simple I'm surprised I hadn't thought of it myself :P . Thanks again.