Rain

Just looking out the window and thinking I sure am glad we didn't get this rain for yesterdays paddle-caching event. We had planned on going out today but have been hoping it would stop, even though the weatherman say it won't. I guess we'll head out anyway in a little bit.

It's down to a light drizzle now. How much rain does it take to keep you from the hunt?

Yes, I'm bored.

Just looking out the window and thinking I sure am glad we didn't get this rain for yesterdays paddle-caching event. We had planned on going out today but have been hoping it would stop, even though the weatherman say it won't. I guess we'll head out anyway in a little bit.

It's down to a light drizzle now. How much rain does it take to keep you from the hunt?

Yes, I'm bored.

I don't mind a little rain. It tends to become an annoyance made less so if you're caching with friends.

We're probably getting the same storm as you. It's been raining at least since I woke up this morning. I didn't have any caching plans for today but I'm more concerned about the minor league baseball game that I bought eight tickets for (second row, next to the dugout) later this evening. There is, however, a cache just outside the ballpark that I haven't been able to grab the last two times I was there due to the number of muggles at GZ.

Drizzle. Light rain. Heavy rain. At least we didn't get the thunderstorms! Five new caches popped up late yesterday about five miles away. I get mouldy if I dont go out, so, out we set. First cache in the drizzle. Got very wet! Let up a bit. Nothing like hiking with umbrellas! By the fourth cache it was pouring! Rocks, flooding, mud, caches! We had a great time, and I'm almost dried out. And only got as low as the 4th to find.

i dont mind rain (unless its really cold)

it adds to the frustration of not finding a cache as driplets smack my temples

another plus is i cant feel myself sweat

i cant cache in the rain unless its a grab and go because i use a very NOT waterproof TomTom one

Kind of strange to me. I am less likely to get out and find a P&G in the rain than I am to hike.

We did go out today. Found seven ammo cans. One of them was over four miles round trip from parking. It rained all day, but not often or hard. For the most part it was during the drive that it did.

My husband and I like to avoid muggles so the rain can certainly work in our favor at times. We also just got back from Kauai where it rains in the interior of the island all the time. It was a lot of fun searching through the jungle in the rain once we got over our fear of the mud! Since we live in Michigan, we are looking forward to doing some winter time caches in the snow using the snowshoes we bought last year. Really, caching is fun in just about any type of weather. I could do without the mosquitoes, though, they are nasty around here!

My husband and I like to avoid muggles so the rain can certainly work in our favor at times. We also just got back from Kauai where it rains in the interior of the island all the time. It was a lot of fun searching through the jungle in the rain once we got over our fear of the mud! Since we live in Michigan, we are looking forward to doing some winter time caches in the snow using the snowshoes we bought last year. Really, caching is fun in just about any type of weather. I could do without the mosquitoes, though, they are nasty around here!

Deet, it's not just for breakfast any more.

Yes, I'm bored.

You had a paddle-caching event yesterday, too?!? We didn't have rain, but did have fog most of the day. We had Minnesota's 3rd Annual Canoe-in Geocaching event, hosted by bflentje and it was awesome!

Yes, I'm bored.

You had a paddle-caching event yesterday, too?!? We didn't have rain, but did have fog most of the day. We had Minnesota's 3rd Annual Canoe-in Geocaching event, hosted by bflentje and it was awesome!

Good thing you didn't get rained on. I hate that wet dog smell.

We would love to have some rain around here. It's been over 100 for several days and everything is dry and suffering.

I've been caught a couple of times out when it started to rain. I tend to call it a day (or at least until it quits) when it rains as *I* don't want to be the reason why the contents of caches and/or the logs are all damp.

We're probably getting the same storm as you. It's been raining at least since I woke up this morning. I didn't have any caching plans for today but I'm more concerned about the minor league baseball game that I bought eight tickets for (second row, next to the dugout) later this evening. There is, however, a cache just outside the ballpark that I haven't been able to grab the last two times I was there due to the number of muggles at GZ.

Following up my own post. I'm glad we went to the baseball game last night. The local team lost 10-5, there was a light to heavy drizzle the entire game so we moved from the second row to a spot up under the awning, and I didn't find the nearby cache.

But, not only was it fireworks night, and kids-eat-free night, but it was also a TV give away night (nine 19 inch and one 26in LCD/HDTV were given away) and we won the 26in TV.