out of state geocaching

I have a Garmin Etrex Venture HC. I have been geocaching where I live in Maine. I will be going on vacation to New York in a couple of weeks so I searched on geocaching.com for geocaches in NY. When I press send to my GPS it looks like all works fine, but when I scroll through the list of geocaches on the device afterwards they are not there. Do the devices only allow you to use them in the state you purchased them?

I have a Garmin Etrex Venture HC. I have been geocaching where I live in Maine. I will be going on vacation to New York in a couple of weeks so I searched on geocaching.com for geocaches in NY. When I press send to my GPS it looks like all works fine, but when I scroll through the list of geocaches on the device afterwards they are not there. Do the devices only allow you to use them in the state you purchased them?

As I'm sure others have already mentioned, the caches are there, but the Venture HC only shows within a few hundred miles.. (closest). If you press the left menu button, it should give the option in the list of selecting by cache name (alphabetical) I ran into this too, with my Venture-HC. Drove me bonkers trying to find where a ghost waypoint was constantly being stored, whenever I read back the waypoints using EasyGPS. At 1st, the only way to remove it, was to do a reset. Then I learned about the option from the menu.

I still run into it on a NuVi, where I'll recover the waypoints from it, and it'll still list my home in two places. (the address via map, which is wrong, and the coordinates where it's supposed to be.)

Thank you! This was driving me nuts. It just didn't make sense that it couldn't be used out of state, but I was beginning to wonder if I was going to have to spend a fortune on additional maps. Couldn't find anything in the owner's manual and now that I know what the problem is still don't see any mention of this in the owner's manual.