GPX Versioin 1.0.1

PATS4X4

I read on GSAK that to get more attributes with my data I should update to GPX Version 1.0.1, which I did. Then I ran a query that evening and when I tried to load it onto my Delorme PN-40 GPS the info was not like it should have been. Went back and changed to older GPX version (1.0) and re-ran query and everything worked as it should.

Is this just because DeLorme doesn't recognize the new version, or maybe I need to update my DeLorme? Has anyone else had this issue?

DeLorme is one reason why there is a 1.0 and 1.0.1 version. As I understand it Delorme's don't know how to grok 1.0.1.

Okay, thanks. That would explain the problem, then. Guess I can upgrade to 1.0.1 before I run my query for GSAK and then change back before I run any queries to put in DeLorme.

does the garmin gps map60csx grok 1.0.1?

By definition, anything SHOULD read "1.0.1" if it can read "1.0".

GPX files are actually xml files, which by definition are "extendable". If anyone chooses to "extend" the contents of an xml file and the receiving device/program/whatever that is reading the xml file doesn't know what the new extensions mean, then by the very definition of xml, it should ignore those extensions.

Having said that, I do not believe that the 60csx can use .gpx or any xml files directly (anyone want to correct me on this?).

All garmin units that do read .gpx files had no issues with "1.0.1" files, this includes the Oregons, Colorados, Dakotas, and even the new 62s, as well as many non caching units like the nuvi's. In all cases, the units simply ignored the extra information in the new extensions and happily read the remainder of the data and loaded as usual.

There is a GSAK macro that I just installed last night which puts the new attributes of 1.0.1 on my Oregon as a "dummy" log at the top of the log list. Very nice! I'm testing it out in the field tonight. Macro name is GarminExport.
Never noticed that one - guess because it's farther down in the list. I use the cacheattributes.gsk macro to do the same thing.

There is a GSAK macro that I just installed last night which puts the new attributes of 1.0.1 on my Oregon as a "dummy" log at the top of the log list. Very nice! I'm testing it out in the field tonight. Macro name is GarminExport.

I use the same GSAK macro and it also has the ability to graphically place an attribute icon next to the geocache icon on the map screen. For example, I see icons denoting travel bugs, unavailable, or micros next to the geocache icon. It's very handy! It does this by creating POI's for the attributes I choose to display on my Oregon 450 and Oregon 300.

You can access the macro here: GarminExport