TB Mission Accomplished

Not QUITE completed, but it's in my powers to do so now... I have two TBs, Mr Strong and Little Miss Sunshine who came down to Antarctica with me in January and were left in the most southerly traditional cache I got to, in Ushaia to race back to my "Poppies" cache up here in Scotland.

Mr Strong was found by a French mariner, took months to get up to Quebec, and wandered round Canada whilst Little Miss Sunshine went directly to the Nertherlands and has been tarting round the Low Countries ever since (they really like her, it seems!).

I had a surprise e-mail during July from a cacher who had found Mr Strong and knew of someone coming over for the Mega and wondered whether I'd be happy for him to bring the TB with him. I had the hugest grin on my face when KeeperofMaps handed him to me at the Registration desk. He (Mr Strong) is currently in my car awaiting a visit to "Poppies" but as that's unlikely for the next 2 and a half weeks, there's still time for Little Miss Sunshine to get a wriggle on and win!

:anibad:

Has anyone had a TB that has completed a mission set for it (other than to travel around). Just a thought.

Yep :anibad:

Back from Down Under.... again has completed three missions. The first was coming back to England when I left it in Australia. The second was when I took it to Los Angeles and it got home again and the third was when The Hancock Clan emigrated to Australia and took the bug with them. I picked it out of the home cache just a week ago.

77,840 miles and it is in my caching bag awaiting me to decide another mission :laughing:

We managed to complete a mission for this TB two weeks ago by dropping into the Dunnet Head cache:

Salisbury Triathalon 1990 TB

One of our own Cornish geocoins complete the long journey to get from Australia back to Cornwall and it's now just doing some more general travel within the UK:

"Destination Cornwall".

My personal favourite is our little "The Cornish Riviera Express" geocoin. I set it a mission to travel from a cache near London Paddington, calling at caches close to the stations that the original "Cornish Riviera" train would have stopped at, finally arriving at Penzance the terminus. The mission was completed by Devon Seekers in September 08: The "Cornish Riviera" arrives at Penzance.

We then adopted the coin over to Devon Seekers and they have set up its new journey mission to get back to us in SE Wales. It's still chuffing along which is very pleasing because it's quite a small geocoin and it would be easy for it to get misplaced.

MrsB

Having been caching on and off for 4 years or so now and marvelled at the progress of our TBs around the world. I was struck by a thought.

Has anyone had a TB that has completed a mission set for it (other than to travel around). Just a thought.

I released a bug in Pennsylvania with a mission to visit all 50 states. It disappeared before even making it out of Pennsylvania.

I released a bug in Cornwall with a mission to travel far and wide. It travelled 30 miles before disappearing.

I released a bug to take part in a mass bug race to visit 20 caches... it made a single hop to the first cache and then disappeared.

That said I found one bug that was in a bug race to get to Last Delivery in London, and took it to Last Delivery. I also took a bug from a London event that was trying to get to Fareham in Hampshire, because two days later I was heading that way. The bug won its race by a huge margin, having completed its entire journey in a little over a fortnight.

A caching friend of mine released a TB with a mission to go around the world. Which it duly did, and ended up in a cache within a few miles of where he lived, so he went to pick it up again. It had covered something like 32,000 miles.

Edited by team tisri

Take a look at this..even had a cache hidden just so it could get an X...TB on Second Mission .....re-tagged and on her way again.Looks like she might complete this as well.The photos on her mission are just amazing.I have no problems with Goldohulk looking after it and we do plan to meet as i am at a loss apart from Wales as to another country beginning with the letter W

i have, my first one http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1753174 made its way from the lake district back to me, ok i had to pick it up from a cache 15 miles from me but that was because little one was getting impatient. its now back off in ireland to do the same thing again.

also have http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2192124 it overshot us and ended up in the next county but soon got it back to place it back out again, however my third one was picked up and is in the hands of whoever picked it up and hasnt been seen since, have contacted the cacher but no replies.

i have, my first one http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1753174 made its way from the lake district back to me, ok i had to pick it up from a cache 15 miles from me but that was because little one was getting impatient. its now back off in ireland to do the same thing again.

also have http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=2192124 it overshot us and ended up in the next county but soon got it back to place it back out again, however my third one was picked up and is in the hands of whoever picked it up and hasnt been seen since, have contacted the cacher but no replies.

I just had a look at your 3 TBs (the various Bear TBs) showing on your profile... and they've all been logged during this month... so I'm puzzled... Which one are you concerned about?

MrsB

I just had a look at your 3 TBs (the various Bear TBs) showing on your profile... and they've all been logged during this month... so I'm puzzled... Which one are you concerned about?

MrsB

Not concerned about any, just musing about TB missions. Have enjoyed reading people's responses, thanks for contributing everyone. Has made interesting reading,

I dropped a coin off a couple of weeks ago to finish it`s mission. Since it was such a nice coin I e-mailed the owner to make sure the person it was supposed to meet was ready to get it but I didn`t get a reply. E-mailed again a couple of weeks after I`d picked it up and got a reply that all was good to drop the coin off in one of the 3 caches in the wood it was to reach. So far, after 3 weeks the cache the coin is in has been visited 3 or 4 times but not by the person it was supposed to be collected by. Should I go back and re-collect the coin and drop it off miles away in the hope it makes it`s way back again or simply leave it where it is? I should add that the owners of the coin seem to have stopped caching as they hadn`t logged on to the site for 3 or 4 months when I got in touch with them.