Caches and permission

Cape Geckos

I received this contact via the website this morning:

"You should be aware that geocaches are often located on private and public property without proper permission. Groundspeak has no way of verifying that proper permission has been obtained. Instead they rely on "adequate" permission asserted by the hider of the cache.

There have been a number of instances where geocachers have been detained by law enforcement. Recently there have been several of instances where property owners have come to the forums to alert geocachers to caches placed on their property without their permission.

Before you continue in this hobby you should question the legalities of this activity.

User's Profile:

http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=ed...d3-f9599e16b51e "

Does anyone know who Fuzzbuket is? They appear to have a brand new profile and ahve not responded to my response contact via the website.

Has anyone recently found one of my caches and been approached by anyone? In which case, which cache was it?

I have heard of a case of someone even signing up for premium membership to read cache info so they could remove the premium only caches that were apparently offending them. Apparently this is quite common overseas.

Fuzzbuket would do well to be a little less cryptic and a little more direct - if he has bothered to join up that mean he has bothered to do a little research. Just a little bit more would have led to him to report directly to GS any unsuitable caches.

Keep us informed if the fuzzy one replies to you.

Trev

I have heard of a case of someone even signing up for premium membership to read cache info so they could remove the premium only caches that were apparently offending them. Apparently this is quite common overseas.

Fuzzbuket would do well to be a little less cryptic and a little more direct - if he has bothered to join up that mean he has bothered to do a little research. Just a little bit more would have led to him to report directly to GS any unsuitable caches.

Keep us informed if the fuzzy one replies to you.

Trev

PS - if you google fuzzbucket you wil find this thread http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=257897

Seems as if the fuzzy wonder has been sending the same email to many others - so DO complain about it and surely that account will be removed.