There is a member warning n00bs not to geocache

Got one from suenpete, forwarded to gs

What do you have to do to get one of these? Haven't I found enough caches, placed enough hides, posted enough on the forum, posted on the feedback site? I can't just sit around waiting all day. I guess I am going to have to get ready to do some caching on my furlough day. LEOs and all.

Want me to forward a copy?? I think posting in this thread is like sending an invitation. Maybe I'll get one from some new account now.

What do you have to do to get one of these? Haven't I found enough caches, placed enough hides, posted enough on the forum, posted on the feedback site? I can't just sit around waiting all day. I guess I am going to have to get ready to do some caching on my furlough day. LEOs and all.

Want me to forward a copy?? I think posting in this thread is like sending an invitation. Maybe I'll get one from some new account now.

I posted to the thread and still haven't gotten one.

:anibad:

:laughing:

When MooseJawSpruce was a kid we had to tie porkchops to his keyboard so the trolls would play with him. :anibad:

:(

When MooseJawSpruce was a kid we had to tie porkchops to his keyboard so the trolls would play with him. :anibad:

And no one ever picked me for sports.

And a side note. I'm a girl remember, armed and dangerous. :laughing:

*edit: Yippy I got one. Now I'm one of the cool kids. Or at least maybe now the cool kids won't shove me in the trash can, just into my locker.

Edited by MooseJawSpruce
I love where this thread is going!! LOL!
Breakfast?

Ill put in my order now. I would like some pancakes, and some bacon, and a hot chocolate please.

No need to order, just run down to Home Town Buffet. They will be open in a few more hours. :anibad:

Their food sucks. Golden Coral(sp?) is much better. Havent had that though in like 10+ years.

So I will stick with my original order.

Edited by ihorn
I love where this thread is going!! LOL!
Breakfast?

Ill put in my order now. I would like some pancakes, and some bacon, and a hot chocolate please.

No need to order, just run down to Home Town Buffet. They will be open in a few more hours. :anibad:

Their food sucks. Golden Coral(sp?) is much better. Havent had that though in like 10+ years.

So I will stick with my original order.

They both suck.

So Mtn-Man how are you doing on this bright and shiny day?

Boy, 83 degrees right now and 80 percent humidity. Does that mean when I go outside I have to swim to the car? I am going to come out there to LA and hang with you for a while if that is OK. :anibad:

Thats fine its like 88 here with a nice little breeze. No humidity that I know of today. Plus tonight will be a nice 69 to cool off to. Gotta love that nice California weather.

If your near the coast.

10:43 am 88 degrees and 40% humidity here in the Inland Empire and its supposed to hit at least 100% here today

So Mtn-Man how are you doing on this bright and shiny day?

Boy, 83 degrees right now and 80 percent humidity. Does that mean when I go outside I have to swim to the car? I am going to come out there to LA and hang with you for a while if that is OK. :rolleyes:

Thats fine its like 88 here with a nice little breeze. No humidity that I know of today. Plus tonight will be a nice 69 to cool off to. Gotta love that nice California weather.

If your near the coast.

10:43 am 88 degrees and 40% humidity here in the Inland Empire and its supposed to hit at least 100% here today

I am like 15 minutes from Hollywood if you drive on the street. Its not bad yet here. I am just waiting to die next week.

I had a county policeman come up to me once at a cache wondering, "Should I hand cuff him?"

There fixed it for ya! :rolleyes:

Well, there was that other time where the policeman came running after me and...

Wait, this topic is about breakfast. Sorry, did not mean to get off topic.

WaffleHouse.GIF

Now we're talkin'.

Edited by mtn-man

I got this email too. I found this in the forums.

Fellow Geocachers

On Friday, January 8th of this year, I went geocaching with my son. We had a great time and found lots of geocaches. It was about time to go home when my son asked me, “Let’s go get one more geocache, Dad.” I told him that we would. On the way there, I was pulled over by the policemen and placed in handcuffs because somebody thought that I had planted a pipe bomb at Academy Sports. I explained to them that I had been geocaching. They took me back to Academy Sports where I was interviewed by a police detective. I again explained about geocaching and after they had determined that it was not a bomb but rather a geocache, they took me back to my car. A few minutes later, they arrested me for Interference with the duties of a public servant. They took me to jail until my wife could come and bail me out.

We then set about finding a lawyer to defend me. We found one; a good one. This past week, he was able to meet with the district attorney and tell her what had happened. Once the police report was filed, she immediately dismissed the charges against me under the grounds that what I had done was not a crime and did not meet the elements of the offense. That happened today, Jan. 26th. I was then able to get my gpsr, cell phone, and bond money back.

The reason I write this email is to serve as both a caution and a request for aid. The caution is that this same thing could happen to you. It was not fun, and I am very grateful that it is over with. You do not want it to happen to you, trust me. My request for aid is such that we need to brainstorm and think up ways that we can help the police officers and general public know and understand more about geocaching so that this doesn’t happen again. It may be worthwhile to let businesses know about geocaches that we may have placed on their grounds if we have not done so, and when we go to search for them to let them know that we are doing such so we don’t look suspicious. I don’t know if that would work or not, but something needs to be done. I would also like to thank all those that prayed for me or thought of me during this trying time. Thank you!

caleb.osborn

We have really overzealous cops in Pittsburg. They will tow your vehicle for the least offense. I'm not worried about them though. I'll mess up anybody trying to strap irons on me without good reason. Just sayin!

Edited by imwithstupider

Fellow Geocachers

On Friday, January 8th of this year, I went geocaching with my son. We had a great time and found lots of geocaches. It was about time to go home when my son asked me, “Let’s go get one more geocache, Dad.” I told him that we would. On the way there, I was pulled over by the policemen and placed in handcuffs because somebody thought that I had planted a pipe bomb at Academy Sports. I explained to them that I had been geocaching. They took me back to Academy Sports where I was interviewed by a police detective. I again explained about geocaching and after they had determined that it was not a bomb but rather a geocache, they took me back to my car. A few minutes later, they arrested me for Interference with the duties of a public servant. They took me to jail until my wife could come and bail me out.

We then set about finding a lawyer to defend me. We found one; a good one. This past week, he was able to meet with the district attorney and tell her what had happened. Once the police report was filed, she immediately dismissed the charges against me under the grounds that what I had done was not a crime and did not meet the elements of the offense. That happened today, Jan. 26th. I was then able to get my gpsr, cell phone, and bond money back.

The reason I write this email is to serve as both a caution and a request for aid. The caution is that this same thing could happen to you. It was not fun, and I am very grateful that it is over with. You do not want it to happen to you, trust me. My request for aid is such that we need to brainstorm and think up ways that we can help the police officers and general public know and understand more about geocaching so that this doesn’t happen again. It may be worthwhile to let businesses know about geocaches that we may have placed on their grounds if we have not done so, and when we go to search for them to let them know that we are doing such so we don’t look suspicious. I don’t know if that would work or not, but something needs to be done. I would also like to thank all those that prayed for me or thought of me during this trying time. Thank you!

caleb.osborn

We have really overzealous cops in Pittsburg. They will tow your vehicle for the least offense. I'm not worried about them though. I'll mess up anybody trying to strap irons on me without good reason. Just sayin!

dude! you'd better update your wiki page so it shows you've been in the navy. also, shouldn't you be in arizona with your team?

Fellow Geocachers

caleb.osborn

That is most definitely the Waco, Texas sporting goods store parking lot story from a few months ago. So you all can buy it. Me, I was detained for 20 minutes by the Clark, NJ Police Department while Geocaching in 2004, so you can buy that one too. I think the point someone was trying to make earlier was that no one is going to be "detained" while Geocaching. Nope, it happens.

Chicken fried bacon sounds awesome. And seeing as Turkey bacon really isn't bad at all, you could make a healthier version. :P

Edit to fix horrifically broken quotes.

Edited by Mr.Yuck

...We have really overzealous cops in Pittsburg. They will tow your vehicle for the least offense. I'm not worried about them though. I'll mess up anybody trying to strap irons on me without good reason. Just sayin!

You do that, and let us know how it works out for ya.

Better yet, get some video so we can see how you teach 'em a good lesson. :P

I think they would be ever more scarred/scared if you served these up.

turtleburger.jpg

Back O/T-I have had over a dozen conversations about geocaching with LEO's. Only been told to move along 1-2x, been left alone most of the time, and even had the deputy park and join in the hunt on one memorable evening in Jacksonville.

Back O/T, I wouldn't quit caching even if I received an email that was bacon me to quit! :D
No matter how much they eggs you on?
He is such a hardcore cacher...he wouldn't even waffle...
Orange juice glad he's so dedicated?
I'm glad y'all have hashed this out.

If it didn't work out this thread might have been toast.

Back O/T, I wouldn't quit caching even if I received an email that was bacon me to quit! :D

Yeah, they could have been in a real jam.

My gosh what a bunch of hams.

Not something you could get over easy.

The whole thing is enough to fry your potatoes!

The whole thing is enough to fry your potatoes!

A lesser man would have turned to jelly.