Iowa's location in the forum hierarchy

MissJenn

Iowa's location in the forum hierarchy  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Being an Iowa native and having lived in Iowa pretty near a half century now, I've always considered myself to be an Iowan first and Mid-Westerner second. Never Plain. No matter how Great.

Edited by c_dog

One of my very first posts was wondering why since we touch borders with four of the seven states listed in the Midwest forum, we were listed with the lovely people to the west.

We touch elbows with Nebraska and SD but we're spooning with Mn, Mo, Il and Wi.

Edited by BlueDeuce
We touch elbows with Nebraska and SD but we're spooning with Mn, Mo, Il and Wi.

Oh, my! Very aptly put :P

Every official definition of the Midwest that I've ever seen includes Iowa. I'm sure someone can find an exception to that, :D but I would think that an overwhelming majority of people would agree that Iowa is Midwest. Iowa is not always included in the Great Plains definition. If you consult the Great Authority, Google, for "Great Plains map" you'll see what I mean. When geographical regions are used rather than political boundaries, only part of Iowa is considered Great Plains. Conversely, ALL of Iowa is Midwest.

Edited by keekle

So far, 70.37% of the respondents think we should move the Iowa forum from Great Plains to the Midwest.

18.52% said to keep the Iowa forum in the same place: Great Plains.

11.11% do not have strong feelings.

Not so many people have voted.

We'll see what this looks like in mid September.

So far, 70.37% of the respondents think we should move the Iowa forum from Great Plains to the Midwest.

18.52% said to keep the Iowa forum in the same place: Great Plains.

11.11% do not have strong feelings.

Not so many people have voted.

We'll see what this looks like in mid September.

From the looks of the forum page you have heard from most of the super active members on the Iowa Geocachers Organization Forums, I am sure a few more votes will continue to trickle in.

Iowa is considered a Midwestern state. How we got put in the Great Plains is beyond me.