I need Help

longtomsilver

I need your help.

Does anybody know the Geocaching- and Geocoinshop "The Cache Shack" ? thecacheshack.com

I bought something in the shop end of july and until now I haven`t received a shipping confirmation, as it is said in their order confirmation.

Until now I have written 3 e-mails to get an answer, but none has been answered yet.

If someone could help me, how to get in contact with the shop. The shop owner is called Shannon Scott.

thanks for your help

I recently went through the same thing with them in June/July. Had to file with Paypal to get my money back. They never responded to emails through store or profile or the Paypal dispute. Keep trying to email them but don't let your 45 days go by if you paid by Paypal.

Thanks so far for your answers.

I`ll try to get the mails going, but I will inform paypal as well.

Too bad, I cannot understand that one has a shop and all this and when there are problems don`t inform about this. I even would understand and could hold on. But nothing, no reaction is the worst thing you can do.

Well, the money will come back, but has anyone an idea where I can get those geocaching carflags?

thanks

I don't see them on the Groundspeak Approved Vendor List. But try posting to them on their twitter page, which is linked on their home page. They certainly wouldn't want any bad press there, and should reply quickly. They may never see this forum thread.

TheCacheShack IS listed on your USA approved vendor list..............right under USA Geocoins.

I don't see them on the Groundspeak Approved Vendor List. But try posting to them on their twitter page, which is linked on their home page. They certainly wouldn't want any bad press there, and should reply quickly. They may never see this forum thread.

TheCacheShack IS listed on your USA approved vendor list..............right under USA Geocoins.

It's not on this list,

this list,

or this list.

Where are you seeing it listed?

I also had this problem with them... I ordered a coin and waited three weeks with no shipping confirmation. I then contacted them through their site, no response. I then contacted them through paypal, and still did not get a response. Finally I filed a claim (which once again they didn't respond to) and paypal refunded me. All in all it was about a month after I ordered when I filed the claim. I wonder what's going on.

*Edited to add the approximate total time I waited before filing claim.

Edited by rokito87

It's not on this list,

this list,

or this list.

Hi Eartha! If you check out the "distributors" link in Shop Groundspeak, Cache Shack is listed there as an official distributor... Maybe that's what was being referenced by the previous poster?

Edited by rokito87

It's not on this list,

this list,

or this list.

It's listed under the Shop For Gear icon under Distributors on the Geocaching website. Not sure how to post a link but here is where you can find it:

http://shop.Groundspeak.com/shipping.cfm

List states "Official Groundspeak Distributors" and TheCacheShack is listed under USA Geocoins.

Ah, the list of all vendors that sell Groundspeak/caching items and advertise with Groundspeak. But not listed on the Groundspeak Approved Geocoin Vendor List, I'll have to ask about this on Monday. That list is a lot longer than the list of geocoin vendors. Maybe it needs to be updated, maybe there is a difference. I'll get back to you on that.

Back on topic, please try their geocaching profile, and twitter page to contact them, if emails to them don't work.

Hello,

I offer my sincerest apologies for the delays and issues that have been encountered with The Cache Shack.

There have been numerous issues in our real life that have caused problems with sending out packaging and accessing our email. As we are just a family run business, my wife taking care of it all, illnesses and computer crashes have played a part in having such delays. We were relying on someone else to help but apparently they were not doing the job.

We are up and running with a new computer and all orders are being sent this weekend with additional items to make up for the collapse of our usual stellar customer service.

I know we cannot make up for the past problems but will try our hardest to make up for every single issue and problem that people have had.

If the packages have not been received by next week please let me know here and I will resend them once again.

Once again I apologize and sincerely thank you for your time