Adoption of Coin Failed? - see post #23

LadyBee4T

Has anyone had a problem with adoptions recently? I have two coins to be adopted to me and can't get them transferred. I have done this before without any problems whatsoever. Here are the steps I am using.

--click on the adoption link from the email--->sends me to the adoption page

--Put in the reference number of the coin and not the actual tracking number. (For one of them it is TBV43F) Then click on lookup

--Lookup takes me to the correct coin where I click yes to accept the adoption

--It then takes me to a page that has 3 logos at the top and only says

An Error Has Occurred

Your request has resulted in an error. Please return to this site's home page to continue.

I have tried this several times and always ends in the same message. Is this a Groundspeak issue?

I find now that the forums have been drastically changed yesterday and the geocaching.com website topic has been moved. Who knows why but it has been. Right now to me it feels like a "brilliant" idea. anyway where ever this topic has been moved Groundspeak acknowledges there is a problem

http://feedback.geocaching.com/geocaching/...ption_error_500

In previous adoptions I have always had to go through the procedure I did with this one. Would have liked to have the one click adoption. Of course maybe I was just making it harder for myself :(

I had the same thing happen to me, although I am the one adopting coins over to people.

I submitted eight (or so) coins yesterday for adoption, at least five people had trouble with their link. Two reported getting and error message of some sort. I advised most of them to contact Groundspeak, as I'm not sure what I can do about it on my end.

I believe that until this "glitch" in the system is worked out, the only way to complete adoptions is to contact Groundspeak directly.

The instructions a few of the "Pay It Forward" recipients received was to have the coin owner (me) contact Groundspeak, list the TB##### reference code for the coin(s) I was trying to adopt over, and then the geocaching nicknames of who should receive each coin. I did this by filling out a REQUEST for assistance via the geocaching.com website.

I received an email within the day saying that all coins had been manually reassigned to the new owners.

If you are having difficulties receiving your adopted geocoin, I would advise contacting the person who currently owns the coin and have them contact Groundspeak.

Good luck, everyone!

:P We have had MANY of our coins that will not go through.

We are selling our collection out of need through E-bay,and this problem is messing up our feedback.

We have sent several messages to Groundspeak about this,starting SEVERAL days ago and STILL have not even got a reply! The least they could do is return our message and give us an idea what is up,and what(if anything) they are doing about it.Being ignored really is a bummer.

This is a VERY poor way to handle long time PAYING customers!

If anyone has recieved any info.from them we would like to hear about it.

Have a GREAT day!

(At least better than ours,LOL!)

R3&BH

I've send 15 coins for adoption (just a bonus to a cache), and all of the actions fail, if people want to retrieve them. There is no real hurry, but it is a bit strange that you receive a mail, but cannot end the adoption process.

Looking forward to the reaction from GC.com

TO EVERYONE EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM:

Please let Groundspeak know! Droo has kindly provided a link, and there are now 13 people there with this same problem.

While the Lackeys have acknowledged the problem and are working on a fix there have only been 8 calls for assistance here..... fix it work order.

Groundspeak is aware that there IS a problem, but they perhaps don't understand just how widespread it is.

If you are trying to receive a coin/TB or adopt out a coin/TB, please go to Droo's link and click on the yellow button that says "I have this problem, too." GEO BEAR, Ryder3, NepoKama, and Pastor-B, your participation will get this claim up to 17 people with the same problem!

As Nate said on Get Satisfaction, a fix will be in place soon. In the meantime, if you have any adoptions that need to be done right away, please submit a ticket and our Community Relations team can assist you.

We will need the email from the current owner of the trackable (please use the email address listed on your geocaching.com account). You'll want to include the tracking code and the username of the new owner.