Too many micro's in the UK!

Hi folks,

I'm over from Canada and was hoping to drop off a TB for my 1yr old son (he doesn't have his own account yet!).

Anyhow, I'm currently in Exeter and am having a problem finding anything more than a micro...there's a couple of "smalls", but I'm not sure my "small" is the same as your small!

I was trying to avoid multi's/puzzles as I am only here for a day or two then off to London/Paris....where there are only micro's as well!!

I'd drop a cache myself, except the reviewer would probably not publish it due to the distance from my home coords.

Ah well....I'll hopefully find a few while here....

If I can't get this dropped off, I may leave it at the front desk for someone to drop by and grab!! haha

Hi folks,

I'm over from Canada and was hoping to drop off a TB for my 1yr old son (he doesn't have his own account yet!).

Anyhow, I'm currently in Exeter and am having a problem finding anything more than a micro...there's a couple of "smalls", but I'm not sure my "small" is the same as your small!

I was trying to avoid multi's/puzzles as I am only here for a day or two then off to London/Paris....where there are only micro's as well!!

I'd drop a cache myself, except the reviewer would probably not publish it due to the distance from my home coords.

If I can't get this dropped off, I may leave it at the front desk for someone to drop by and grab!! haha

I feel for you.

Everybody over here's very eager to hide caches the instant they discover caching - but loathe to spend any money when they can pick up trash at the camera shop :):D

Oh - and expect to get laid into by everybody else on these forums for daring to say you don't like micros, too! :):D:D

Hi folks,

I feel for you.

Everybody over here's very eager to hide caches the instant they discover caching - but loathe to spend any money when they can pick up trash at the camera shop :):D

Oh - and expect to get laid into by everybody else on these forums for daring to say you don't like micros, too! :):D:D

Well, I have to say I do like micro's, and even nano's, as they can offer a better hide....but having a TB "hostel" gives the local geocachers the opportunity to tag some TB's!

Something accessible to traveling folk that don't necessarily have access to a vehicle....ok, maybe that's too specific....but I'm hoping I don't get stumped.

cheers

I'm not sure if the percentage of micros in the UK is higher than average overall. Most of my finds have been in the UK, and only 35% are micros. (And I do not select based on size or try and avoid micros). Of course in cities/towns (urban/suburban) areas there are more micros, and most of my finds are in the countryside.

The definition of a small here is the same as in Canada. Most can take TBs, but of course it depends on how big the TB is.

But I feel for you; I find when I'm travelling and really want to place a TB that larger caches become hard to find.

oops...I missed that Airport travel bug lodge.

I was in transit so long, was just wanting my hotel bed, so didn't turn the GPS on until I got to the hotel.

haha...can't win!

I'm taking the train back to london, so won't get to the airport....anyhow, backup will be to ditch it at the reception desk here, and hope someone wants it bad enough to pick it up.

Thanks

Anyhow, I'm currently in Exeter

I work in Exeter. Feel free to leave it at the reception where I work in the City Centre (PM me for details)

or

Where are you staying? I can probably collect it from your hotel reception some time in the next few days.

Edited by Stuey

If you are desperate, I don't mind you posting it to me, I travel in the UK a lot so could move it on to a decent sized cache.

This reminds me of "Worm Holes" which I seem to remember reading about. Places where you could drop off "travellers" which were then posted on to another location. Did I just image that? Or, are there such things?

If you are desperate, I don't mind you posting it to me, I travel in the UK a lot so could move it on to a decent sized cache.

This reminds me of "Worm Holes" which I seem to remember reading about. Places where you could drop off "travellers" which were then posted on to another location. Did I just image that? Or, are there such things?

I think you're thinking of 'Stargate' caches.

Geohatter

I'm taking the train back to london, so won't get to the airport....anyhow, backup will be to ditch it at the reception desk here, and hope someone wants it bad enough to pick it up.

Please feel free to leave any trackables that belong to me where you found them!! My bold is an irresponsible and selfish action to take.

I am going to presume that because your profile states that you have only moved 2 trackables and don't own any that you perhaps don't realise the small responsibility that you are taking on when you decided to move a trackable on?

These items belong to another user and that person is putting them out in the blind faith that when someone picks them up they will look after it responsibly and place it into another cache. Whether that other cache meets the mission or not doesn't matter but of course would be preferable. To decide that it turns out to be more of a hassle than what you can be bothered with and to just say you will ditch it and hope someone will want to help out badly enough is a selfish attitude. :(:)

Luckily for the owner of the trackable that you have currently got there are plenty of offers on here to help you out. :P:)

If you're in London, why not drop it in a cache there? For instance, GCGBGB (near St. Paul's Cathedral). Or one of the others above - there are probably more, but the St. Paul's one is pretty central - and easy to find.

Edited by Happy Humphrey

Anyhow, I'm currently in Exeter

I work in Exeter. Feel free to leave it at the reception where I work in the City Centre (PM me for details)

or

Where are you staying? I can probably collect it from your hotel reception some time in the next few days.

Well I thought my offer was pretty good..... Maybe you never saw it? Too late now I spose?

Please feel free to leave any trackables that belong to me where you found them!! My bold is an irresponsible and selfish action to take.

I am going to presume that because your profile states that you have only moved 2 trackables and don't own any that you perhaps don't realise the small responsibility that you are taking on when you decided to move a trackable on?

These items belong to another user and that person is putting them out in the blind faith that when someone picks them up they will look after it responsibly and place it into another cache. Whether that other cache meets the mission or not doesn't matter but of course would be preferable. To decide that it turns out to be more of a hassle than what you can be bothered with and to just say you will ditch it and hope someone will want to help out badly enough is a selfish attitude. :lol::D

Luckily for the owner of the trackable that you have currently got there are plenty of offers on here to help you out. :D:(

Have I misread the OP or is the TB actually his (or his 1 yr old son's :P )and therefore he can take the chance and dump it if he feels comfortable with that ?

:D

<snip>

Have I misread the OP or is the TB actually his (or his 1 yr old son's :P )and therefore he can take the chance and dump it if he feels comfortable with that ?

:D

Yep, that's how I read it too, it's his to do with as he sees fit.

<snip>

Have I misread the OP or is the TB actually his (or his 1 yr old son's :D )and therefore he can take the chance and dump it if he feels comfortable with that ?

:lol:

Yep, that's how I read it too, it's his to do with as he sees fit.

Ah yes, misread the OP and missed that bit, I do apologise. :P

This Crazy dude has dropped a coin into one of my micros! :wacko:

But did the good Dr pick it up?? :wacko:

The plot thickens. :wacko:

Which micro would that be? The irony meter is twitching at the thought of collecting it and taking it back across the Atlantic <_<

Hiya folks,

I had all of 5hours in London....there was an "off the track" cache nearby and I decided to stow the geocoin in there as I wasn't likely to get another cache in town.

Every time I put the gps back on, I was over 1km away and going in the wrong direction, so am glad to have been able to drop it off (with a few questions from a security guard!).

Unfortunately, that's all I was able to do.

The TB is my own, er for more son, I figured the one critique message had misread the OP, but I wasn't bothered.

Anyhow, totally didn't give myself enough time to do any caching....even in Paris (went to Montmartre and it had just been archived the day before and the one near Arche de triumphe was a DNF as it was too dark by the time I got there).

Anyhow, all in all...had a great time touring....but didn't give myself enough time to really play!

I will be back! :wacko:

Pushing the thread back on track I think there is a Quantity over Quality issue in the UK i.e. people are VERY eager to stick out a hundred little cache and dash caches rather than make the effort to put out good quality caches.

Its the old 'its not about the numbers' addage...... we're being swamped by micro/small cache and dashes rather than good quality boxes. I agree with the thread originator.

Pushing the thread back on track I think there is a Quantity over Quality issue in the UK i.e. people are VERY eager to stick out a hundred little cache and dash caches rather than make the effort to put out good quality caches.

Its the old 'its not about the numbers' addage...... we're being swamped by micro/small cache and dashes rather than good quality boxes. I agree with the thread originator.

In urban areas it's often hard to find places to hide anything much bigger than a film pot. Even so around London there are a few surprising finds as well as a lot of film pots.

I put out different sized caches, I have nano caches out, but at the same time I have ammo boxes out. The sad fact is that it is always the larger caches that disappear, yet the nano and micro caches last much longer. Having said that, I am not a fan of the just chuck a nano/micro anywhere brigade, and still prefer to put some thought in to where they are placed, hopefully with a bit of history attached.