So where to users go for peer help?

pppingme

I see a LOT of newbie, simple help questions, and peer support posted in the forums, where are those users supposed to go now?

This feels more like gs wants to hide the day to day problems of the site, and in no way feels like an improvement.

Could you please provide some context?

Thanks.

I see a LOT of newbie, simple help questions, and peer support posted in the forums, where are those users supposed to go now?

This feels more like gs wants to hide the day to day problems of the site, and in no way feels like an improvement.

I seem to be missing a page or two.

I seem to be missing a page or two.

You are, I hid them.

I'd assume that the OP is referencing the fact that this forum, the Droid and iPhone forums are going away very soon.

There is a new pinned topic by Jeremy on the top of the forum that explains it.

Oh, I see. You mean the site named Geocaching.com Web Site which is for iphone, android and Geocaching.com related issue communications.

I suppose that if they are noobies, they might be wanting to try Getting Started for assistance. And use Get Satisfaction for reporting various site issues.

"and post a link to the Get Satisfaction site to submit new ideas, issues and questions"

Edited by Team Cotati

Sounds like they are going to ignore us on a different site instead of here.

Hey Jeremy, is this how you are going to fix the forums? Just going to close 'em down and be done with it?

Well the feedback site is probably not near as exciting as forums for sock puppets.

They go to Get Satisfaction. Peers can continue to answer questions there.

Actually the intent is to have more transparency. Organizing issues, ideas and questions in Get Satisfaction has already been more successful. We're just creating one place for customers to communicate with Groundspeak employees.

We're just creating one place for customers to communicate with Groundspeak employees.

Sounds like Waymarking.

Groundspeak: "No more virtuals on Geoaching.com. We've create one place for people to share interesting locations. It's organized better than locationless and virtuals were on Geocaching.com"

Customers: "I'd prefer one stop shopping"

I tend to agree with Groundspeak on both of these issues. From Groundspeak's point of view, the new sites are more appropriate and have advantages over the way things used to be done. However, in both case there will be something missing that new site doesn't quites support. With Waymarking, I was able to start a "Wow" waymarkers group and the "Best Kept Secrets" category to create something that I thought was closer to a good virtual than other Waymarking categories. We will have to see if there will be some way let geocachers discuss issues and offer solutions independent of what Groundspeak does. It may be that the Getting Started forum and the Geocaching Topics forum will take up the slack from losing this one. Perhaps Get Satisfaction will implement something that allow users to help each other (and criticize each other in a respectful way) regardless of what changes Groundspeak is going to make or not.

Edited by tozainamboku