Firefox not rendering GC.com correctly

Lovejoy and Tinker

It's probably me done something in Firefox without realising as no one else is reporting a problem.

Since a few hours ago, gc.com pages are not displaying correctly in Firefox (it's working fine in Opera).

The green background is missing, as are a lot of the layout boxes. The text is full page width with the left side bar menu just a plain text list, hidden behind the feedback tab which is still there.

The GC logo is missing and the shaded boxes are not shaded. Nor are they boxes.

There are 2 links across the top. One says "Skip to content" and one says "skip to navigation"

I have tried switching off greasemonkey but that makes no difference.

Has anyone else had this problem before and know what I might have inadvertently done to my browser settings?

Hopefully this is the right forum, as it's not exactly a website bug (as it's just me) but it is website related rather than geocaching related.

Thanks to anyone who can help

Lovejoy

Edit to add: All my other websites I visit regularly seem ok - bbc.co.uk; twitter; Paypal - all showing up fine in Firefox. It just seems to be gc.com

Edited by Lovejoy & Tinker

Maybe it's the "&" in your name?

:D

Oh, very quick. Well done. :D

Working OK for me on Firefox.

Could be you've pressed a button to make it display strange?

Try a re-boot?

Hmm, I've hit something haven't I? Wonder what. I'll try and reboot the system.

What's odd is it is only the gc.com website that seem to have gone wrong. All other sites I have flicked around are completely fine.

Maybe your first guess was the right one. It's a deliberate targetting of people with an & in their name.

I spoke with our designer and she mentioned that Opera has a setting that emulates a mobile view for websites. It blocks Javascript and stylesheets.

There may be a similar feature or addon for firefox that you have inadvertently toggled for this website.

Thanks, it is almost like a 'text only' version, if I could post an image I would.

Have rebooted but no change, so will have a look round the firefox settings.

But presumably it must be a setting that only impacts the one website, and stays in the system the next time that website is loaded.

Thanks for your input, i'll go take a look.

Update:

I have just loaded my profile page once in Firefox and pulled up the error consol.

There are a whole string of error messages which all read along the lines of:

Expected declaration but found '*'. Skipped to next declaration

http://www.geocaching.com/css/vui27-reset-fonts-grids.css

Line 8

Don't know if this is to do with the problem or not, or maybe it relates to a script?

Any ideas?

AHA - SOLVED IT

Cleared the firefox cache, closed firefox, rebooted, and everything is back to normal.

Still don't know how the dodgy page got cached, but it seems to have gone now.

And this topic will remain as permanent evidence of my computer illiteracy.

Thanks guys for jumping in so quickly with suggestions, always easier when you know you're not on your own.

Cheers

Lovejoy