Gotta love those Dutch!

worldtraveler

I've read a lot of horror stories and disappointing posts in this forum about Travel Bugs not moving or not getting logged or disappearing, but I decided to go ahead and begin launching my bugs anyway. In their short history, my bugs have fared quite well.

I dropped this one in Bangkok, and it hung around for just 2 weeks before heading for Egypt.

Then I hid this one in Taipei where it also waited just 2 weeks before being discovered. The thoughtful person who found it left it there, however, because of inability to move it along on its mission (and, possibly because there are no other caches on the island in which to hide it.)

But the real story is this one. I hid it in a cache in Amsterdam less than 3 weeks ago, and it was grabbed the very next day, even before I could get on the web to log it as dropped off. The finders logged it into and back out of the cache and then placed it in another cache just 4 days later. Since then, the good people of The Netherlands have taken this bug to 3 more caches and have logged each step of the journey. I could not be more pleased!

So if your Travel Bug is languishing somewhere or suffering from cabin fever, send it to the Dutch; they know how to show Travel Bugs a good time! icon_biggrin.gif

Worldtraveler