TB question

mesillywoohoo

I have no idea if this is a silly question. Can someone launch a TB in memory of someone? Is that like 'bad form' or something? Three year ago my youngest daughter passed away. Her name was entirely tied into the ocean and I found two teeny stuffed whales at the store. I bought both and am keeping one and thought the other would be great to attach a TB to and see how far it traveled. I also thought it would be nice to have photos where the TB ended up my goal would be to get her TB to as many seaside's as possible

Is this a silly idea?

Edited by mesillywoohoo

It's a wonderful idea and there are many memorial bugs. Keep in mind it's a tough world for bugs out there. Never release anything that you wouldn't want to lose.

Oh yeah I agree. I've been lurking on logs of travel bugs and seeing the poor lost ones. I just have this little whale he was about $2 but he's really cute and I think he'd be a good TB companion.

I will probably let my bug go in Bloomington, IN as it's a much more active TB area then my own town. I thought it would be interesting to track where it goes with the log and sharing it on my daughter's memorial webpage

When you release it, please make sure you put some clear instructions with it so that new cachers understand that it's not swag - it's a travel bug and it has a mission. So many "cute" items get taken from caches and it would be a pity if this one disappeared due to any misunderstanding.

I hope it gets to lots of lovely sunny beaches.

MrsB :D

When you release it, please make sure you put some clear instructions with it so that new cachers understand that it's not swag - it's a travel bug and it has a mission. So many "cute" items get taken from caches and it would be a pity if this one disappeared due to any misunderstanding.

I hope it gets to lots of lovely sunny beaches.

MrsB :D

Thank you for that info. Would attaching the TB to the plushie and then a laminated 'tag' hanging from the plushie be a good way to attach the instructions?