Suggestions for best caches in & between Tennessee cities

robar

I'll be taking a weeklong trip from New England to Tennessee soon, arriving in Nashville then driving to Memphis, Chattanooga (thru northern Alabama and Mississippi) then Knoxville and back to Nashville at the end of the week. I'm eager to hear what the experienced Tennessee, etc. cachers think are the caches and/or sites that are not to be missed in and between these cities. Long multis (or long hikes) are probably out, since I'll be with the family, but puzzles are okay if they can be solved beforehand. Thanks to all in advance!! -- robar

Edited by robar

Thanks Jeff -- an excellent list to get me started on the middle of the state. I'll be in TN next week, the last full week of August. I don't know what sort of internet access I'll have while travelling, so I'm hoping to be able to load up my GPSr with cache coordinates before I go (after I delete the unfound caches from my last vacation!).

Edited by robar

Most of my puzzle caches can be solved beforehand. They are located in the Chattanooga area. We have MANY caches in Tennessee....you could literally spend weeks getting 100+ a day. Since you have limited time and your with the family, you might want to consider weeding out the micros and only going after regular/large sized caches.

If you want a fun (but fairly quick) adventure near Nashville...check out Highland's Historical Aqua Dungeon. It my cache, but their are many more equally fun ones around Nashville.

Another neat one that pops into my head right away is Geo Mojo #6 in the Shadow of the TITANS. Located at the Titans stadium.

You will have a blast.

If you find yourself in Hendersonville, TN. DEFINITELY check out Logging Station......VERY cool cache.

Wow -- I'm beginning to see what they mean by "Southern Hospitality."

Thanks very much MonkeyBrad and Super_Nate -- These are great lists and suggestions. I may have to figure out how to get "lost" on the way from Knoxville back to Nashville ... by way of Hendersonville.

Edited by robar

Well, I really have to thank everyone who replied and made suggestions -- I found more than 30 caches while in Tennessee and the neighboring states, committed a good number of DNFs, but had a terrific time looking into the background and history of many caches and locations. I won't say which were my favorites, but there are lots on the short list.

I'll be happy to reciprocate with advice on eastern MA and ZRI caches if anyone need suggestions. TFT help!