GPSmap62S/maps

Tree Toad

Little help here please. I have a new Garmin GPSmap 62S and City Nav NA 2011 on micro SD card. I have installed the card correctly and the gps knows its installed but I cannot get it to display ANY mapping at all. Not the base map or the City Nav NA 2011. I didnt have a problem with my GPS map 60 but the new one is defeating me and Garmin is responding VERY slowly to my email for help. Im sure someone out there can help me out. Thanks. Tree Toad.

Little help here please. I have a new Garmin GPSmap 62S and City Nav NA 2011 on micro SD card. I have installed the card correctly and the gps knows its installed but I cannot get it to display ANY mapping at all. Not the base map or the City Nav NA 2011. I didnt have a problem with my GPS map 60 but the new one is defeating me and Garmin is responding VERY slowly to my email for help. Im sure someone out there can help me out. Thanks. Tree Toad.

Just a quick question: Under Setup>Maps>Map Information Select Map what is Enabled? Try enabling everything and then selectively disable maps until you see what you want.

The other answer is to pose this question in the GPS Technology forum.

Just a quick question: Under Setup>Maps>Map Information Select Map what is Enabled? Try enabling everything and then selectively disable maps until you see what you want.

The other answer is to pose this question in the GPS Technology forum.

I have enabled each one but can only enable them one at a time. Doesnt seem to matter as neither one shows up.

Same boat here.

Same boat here.

I don't have a 62 to experiment with, but I've learned that the maps on my 60 have certain priorities over each other. If I want to display my topo, I have to turn off the City Nav

Do you have any maps showing from the sd card at all? Will your computer recognize the sd card if you connect the gps to the computer? This has happened to me before with my Oregon 450, turned out to simply be that the sd card was not correctly inserted even though the tab was in the locked position.

my city nav wouldn't NOT show up in the 62s when i had it either. i had TOPO USA, BASEMAPS, IBYCUS and CITYNAV and from what i remember, then NAV kept saying it was LOCKED, when i fact it was NOT.

the SD card was inserted and it would show TOPO, but the NAV maps would not show as being on the card, even though they transfered ok from mapsource.

Edited by brucered

Ditto for the street nav Micro SD card ... a Garmin product ( not a knock off ).

Two 62s units with two City nav, cards. >>>>>>>>>>>> nothing shows up.

Any clues?

So it's always the micro SD version of CN that has this problem, correct? Can anyone confirm whether or not the DVD version of CN works with the 62, or if ANYBODY with the mSD version has gotten it to work?

Thanks,

Larry

Ditto for the street nav Micro SD card ... a Garmin product ( not a knock off ).

Two 62s units with two City nav, cards. >>>>>>>>>>>> nothing shows up.

Any clues?

So it's always the micro SD version of CN that has this problem, correct? Can anyone confirm whether or not the DVD version of CN works with the 62, or if ANYBODY with the mSD version has gotten it to work?

Thanks,

Larry

i have the dvd version of 2010.###### something and i put only MB on a microsd card thru mapsourse along with some topos, still didn't work.

I also had the same problem with my new 62s and a City Nav microSD card. When I turned on the 62s I got the message "Cannot Unlock Maps." I confirmed that it was inserted and "locked" in correctly, but still the same message came up. I emailed Garmin and two days later their reply was to download the newest firmware for the 62s and if that didn't correct the problem they suggested the card was defective and to return it. I had already updated the firmware as soon as I bought the unit, but I then checked for a newer version. I had the newest version already. So, I returned the SD card and got a refund. Then I went to REI, bought the DVD map version and it works fine. Would have liked the SD card better if it had worked, but I loaded the entire US and parts of Mexico and Canada and it took about 30 minutes.