a clue to our lost travelbug **HELP**

Team Rotty

We placed our bug

Here http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=7454

and it disappeared. soone else who hit the site checked the log and passed along the name

"Team AZ Downhillers" as the ones who took it. I suspect since the logged it out in the cache they just did not know about how to log it out on the site and I want to hook up and send them a note and say

HEY!!! log it out and pass it on!!

anyone know how to track down that team since I don;t have their ID number just their name.

thanks

team rotty

email: pheobusthedog@yahoo.com

I did quick check of the Arizona Stats page and saw nothing...but there are over 1000 entrys however seaching the database provided nothing either. Which means they have never logged a find, not found or note to any cache in Az.

If youd like to take a look heres the LINK

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there." Yogi Berra

jeepsmiliedesertcamo.gif

JeepNAz@aol.com

I can tell you that the team is not registered as having any found caches under that name. You can actually search for caches like this...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest_cache.asp?ul=Markwell

would produce all of my finds. You can leave the spaces in and the browser will substitute the necessary "%20" for all the spaces, and you get this result, an indication that under the specific name “Team AZ Downhillers” they have not logged any finds.

If it makes you feel any better, the same thing happened to one of my Travel Bugs a couple of months back. Turns out she travelled from PA to FL and was taken back and logged by a responsible geocacher. Good luck!

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

The other thing to mention is that you should grab it yourself (you do have the 6 digiti code, right?) as a courtesy to the hider of the cache in which the bug last rested. Otherwise it still looks like the bug is in that cache.

When someone else grabs it and logs it, you can sort out where they retrieved it from and rebuild the bug's travels by following this sequence:

• Contact the Current Responsible Geocacher (CRG) and let him know that you need to reconstruct the bug's last location from which s/he retrieved it.

• Virtually “grab” it back from the “CRG.”

• From your inventory, drop it off with a “note” in the cache from which CRG retreived the bug.

• You can delete your note if you want.

• Have the “CRG” regrab the bug from the cache.

By just changing hands, the bug doesn't get the miles. But if you place it in the cache that the non-logging cacher placed it in and CRG regrabs it and places it somewhere else, it will.

Sounds confusing, but it works. I did it with Wonder Woman and everything turned out perfectly.

Markwell

My Geocaching Page