signal the frog costume

:laughing: where can we get signal the frog costume or have signal show up for our events? :huh:

when i inquired about it sometime in April this is the message i received back

Thanks for writing in!

We here at Groundspeak do not actually rent out the costume, but he is available through a third party for big events (Email Moose Mob for Reservations. ). Here is more information from our Web site:

Our green friend Signal the Frog is available for loan to the host of larger events. Use Traveller ID TBKZGD to reference this item.

Please read the following details carefully. Costs are limited to 2-way shipping plus cleaning fees. You are responsible for getting the costume clean and ready for the next gig. Dry cleaners typically charge from $40 - $60. Current schedule:

* Come-See-Me festival - April 16-17, 2010 - YoGO, York County Geocaching Organization\Susan Currence - c&s 143\

* Top Secret (hush hush) - May 1-July 5 2010

* Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. - August 21, 2010 - JungleHairContact

Email Moose Mob for Reservations.

Costume Guidelines Attachment

It says:

Event Guidelines: Signal the Frog

Updated as of 8.1.08

History

The Signal the Frog costume was first created by the Nevada Geocachers' Association as a surprise for Groundspeak's event launch of Wherigo in January, 2008. You can view event details at GCX17DQX. Since that time, Groundspeak has purchased the costume and has made it available for use at large Geocaching events in the US.

General Instructions

1.If you are interested in obtaining the costume for an event, please email or fax this

signed event guideline expectation form to (moderator changes, email the contact address please).

2.The costume will be shipped within 7 business days of the event.

3.Upon completion of event, costume should be professionally cleaned.

4.Ship to origination address or future event. Dependent upon need.

Specifics

* Fees include shipping and cleaning. Using an 18 x 18 x 18 box, the cost is under $20 for 3 day shipping.

* Signal attends large events (100+). Groundspeak has the authority to establish priorities.

* Signal costume is about 5' 10" and volunteers should be between 5' 8" and 5' 10" in order for the costume not to sag. Volunteers must also be of average build to prevent stretching of the costume.

* If more than one volunteer should wear the Signal costume, all volunteers must have read and agreed to the event behavior expectations below.

* Signal should wear light color tennis shoes.

* Signal needs to be returned within a week of the event, or shipped to the next destination.

* Signal's always wears the Travel Bug tag...

o At the events, be sure to let folks know to discover the TB tag and to post pictures to the TB tag page in addition to the event. This will keep an ongoing gallery of people that Signal has met.

o The event cache owner will grab the TB from its previous location and drop it into the event. NGA will grab it from the event and drop it local to the TB's hangout.

* The event owner is responsible for shipping and cleaning.

* Signal does not receive gifts or monetary contributions of any kind.

* Signal's costume does not change. Do not add additional apparel, products or accessories.

Event Behavior

As a trademark and visual representation of Groundspeak, it is important to adhere to the behavioral expectations listed below.

* Signal has no gender or voice and should not speak to event attendees. Signal speaks with gestures.

* Signal does not write and does not log caches.

* Signal is family friendly at all times.

* Signal should always be fully dressed in public (i.e. do not remove the head or hands).

* Signal's skin is green. Other skin colors need to remain hidden in public.

* Signal does not eat or drink in public.

* Signal is active and does not sit for extended periods of time. However, take breaks or change volunteers often to prevent overheating. It is advised to have a handler for assistance with people.

* Signal likes to work the crowd and have pictures taken.

Edited by mtn-man

I suggest an email to contact@geocaching.com headed "We want Signal! We want Signal!" would be a good start. :laughing:

MrsB

no its not, if you read my reply above yours its the first thing they told me, Groundspeak doesn't own/rent the costume is the Nevada association that does and the correct email is included in that reply too

thanks mtn-man, i missed deleting that real name before posting

I suggest an email to contact@geocaching.com headed "We want Signal! We want Signal!" would be a good start. :huh:

MrsB

no its not, if you read my reply above yours its the first thing they told me, Groundspeak doesn't own/rent the costume is the Nevada association that does and the correct email is included in that reply too

:laughing:

O...K...

... I think the best thing to do is to email the contact address. I think some of that information may be changing at this time.

I'll just say that I took the information in my post from the current Knowledgebook information.

By the way, there's more than one official Signal costume.

MrsB

Rumor has it that Signal will be happy to show up at any event. He works for $250/day plus expenses, including round trip, first class air fair.

can we buy a costume

It's custom made for Groundspeak. Sure you could buy a frog costume and modify it but it's not the same. Plus I'm sure it's covered by trademarks and such.

Recently our local club inquired about the costume(there is only one) And I believe it was free-you just had to pay shipping. For us in Southern Canada it would have cost $500 shipping. And another $500 back. They aren't small, or light.