pathfinder coins

ToonAl

Can I ask, does anyone move pathfinder coins? I have to admit to leaving them when I find them. I have this sort of feeling, well the Groundspeak guys created the game and they do not charge (unless you become a Premium member) so why should I allow this other group to piggyback on their work. Can i get some others thoughts on this?

BTW I am sure this has been discussed before but when I searched I could not find the Canadian perspective so I am posting here. <_<

Can I ask, does anyone move pathfinder coins? I have to admit to leaving them when I find them. I have this sort of feeling, well the Groundspeak guys created the game and they do not charge (unless you become a Premium member) so why should I allow this other group to piggyback on their work. Can i get some others thoughts on this?

First off, are you actually referring to pathtags? Just to be clear.

I see them occasionally but the only time I take them is when it is a cacher I know who places them as gifts for whoever wants them for their own collection.

As for the GS guys 'creating' the game, well I have a cacher friend who would argue that point but regardless, they certainly popularized what was Dave Ulmer's original idea and are the biggest players.

Do you move geocoins? The only difference I see between them and pathtags is that pathtags have the external tracking system which makes them less appealing to me because it's just another location to look/track them. I say this because I can think of at least a half dozen companies that are making geocoins and 'piggy-backing' on Groundspeak's work by manufacturing coins and selling them to cachers who enjoy the creativity of others in the process.

Ultimately though, you can play the game any way you want.