Favorites along MN North Shore?

cejs

We're planning a trip with the kids up to Grand Marais, MN. I see a lot of caches from Duluth, MN all the way up to the Canadian border. Basically, with the kids I'd like to pick a select few caches to stop for. Do people have some favorites from along the North Shore?

We're planning a trip with the kids up to Grand Marais, MN. I see a lot of caches from Duluth, MN all the way up to the Canadian border. Basically, with the kids I'd like to pick a select few caches to stop for. Do people have some favorites from along the North Shore?

I would recommend GCGP9A Birds-n-View. It has great views and you are in the migration season, so chances are you will see lots of hawks. It is close to the Hawk Ridge counting station. They do a little program with a bird from the banding station, it's a fun to see close up.

Hi, I really enjoyed "Wisdom" (GC164TN) on Flood Bay (Lake Superior) just past Two Harbors. It's a short walk down a beautiful beach then a quick duck into the woods for the cache. The log is unique and fun to read and the setting is wonderful. Have a nice trip! Also, if your focus changes from finding caches to finding a good burger the Ledgerock Grill (at Larsmont Cottages 4 miles south of Two Harbors) has the best in the area.