Found first one today!

make-it-so

Hi everybody. I found my first cache today. I picked an easy one not far from my house. I thought it would be better that way to find out about how the GPS works and all.

I guess this make me an official geocacher. :laughing:

Congratulations!

You made a smart choice by going for an "easy" one! My first cache was a micro and 4.5/5 terrain...I felt it wouldn't be too hard. Two hours later I found the cache <_<

Now I know what it means when it's 4+ difficulty or terrain! Haha.

Hi everybody. I found my first cache today. I picked an easy one not far from my house. I thought it would be better that way to find out about how the GPS works and all.

Congratulations!

You made a smart choice by going for an "easy" one! My first cache was a micro and 4.5/5 terrain...I felt it wouldn't be too hard. Two hours later I found the cache <_<

Having zero knowledge about GPS's and geocaching it took me a few minutes to figure out I needed to use the compass feature. I remembered reading about that in the manual. I have only had it for a week an am just getting used to using it. Never had a GPS before. It has a geocaching feature built into it which is what got me interested in the first place.

Congratulations!

Having zero knowledge about GPS's and geocaching it took me a few minutes to figure out I needed to use the compass feature. I remembered reading about that in the manual. I have only had it for a week an am just getting used to using it. Never had a GPS before. It has a geocaching feature built into it which is what got me interested in the first place.

I know how you feel, I went out for my first cache with a cousin of mine. He had knowledge using his GPS and helped me along with mine, because it was also my first time using a GPS. I'm happy I gave it a try because now I'm addicted!

I guess this make me an official geocacher. <_<

Congratulations! Sounds like you're off to a good start.

ive done several easy ones and so far its been a lot of fun. The only problem ive had is the heat. ha ha

That is also my problem. I love finding caches in the mountains and these days the weather had kept me from doing that!

You can either go early in the morning or late at night, neither of which are convenient.

First off CONGRATS!!

hope you enjoy caching!!!

Side note: i use a gen3 tomtom one, i cant even get the offroad navigator app, so when i cache the gps gets me kinda close (sometimes) but by using your witt and determination you will always find the cache!!

good luck out there and make sure to have fun and share the experience with others close to you

Congrats!! I did the same today! Also picked an easy one while I acquainted myself with my GPS. Although it was an easy one, it was well hidden and I was glad I checked the hint. <_<

Thanks everybody for the congrats. I can't wait to get out and find some more. I live in the southern California desert and it gets hot here during the day. I probably won't get a chance to go until next weekend at the soonest. There are a few more pretty close to my house I may go out after before that though.

I was pretty excited to find the first one even though it was micro mini with just a log in it. I am looking forward to finding some with more interesting objects in them.

We only recently started out and were immediately hooked. After challenging ourselves with numerous micros on 4 terrain, I really think we are getting the hang of it. The smallest we found so far was a magnet (not sure the exact name of the container) about the size of a hearing aid battery and it was stuck to the inside of a chain link fence. Challenge indeed! That's all part of the fun of it!