Can you log your own cache?

Zander87

It's generally not considered to be "good form" to log your own cache as a find but you can post notes to the cache page should you need to do that.

If your father hides a cache you could create an online account for you and log it as a find, distinct from your father's account. Cachers in my area will often log a find after being with the cache owner when it is placed. But local custom dictates that we wait until three other people have found the cache before logging it.

Edited by mulvaney

our hide is close to our house and my brother and family came out for a visit, they wanted to find it. we just walked with them, didn't give any hints or directions and let them find it on their own.

when placing a cache, i would not allow anyone with me to log it right away. what's stopping them from writting a FTF in the log before it's even published. gotta give people a chance.

our hide is close to our house and my brother and family came out for a visit, they wanted to find it. we just walked with them, didn't give any hints or directions and let them find it on their own.

when placing a cache, i would not allow anyone with me to log it right away. what's stopping them from writting a FTF in the log before it's even published. gotta give people a chance.

Agreed. FTF after its published is anybody's game.

If I was with someone when they placed the cache, I sure would log it, but I would definitely wait until after someone else came and got FTF.

Knowing where it is shouldn't be a reason not to log it, if that were the case, I'd lose about 100 of my lamp post finds LOL.

As for logging your own caches, don't bother.