Problems with the black rubber around Etrex H

Lucantoni

Hello fellow geocachers,

I have a problem with my etrex H and its that the rubber thing sort of moves... it doesnt drop off but it moves and makes pressing the buttons on the side more difficult. Now I'm asking that what kind of glue should be used to glue it back to place?

Hello fellow geocachers,

I have a problem with my etrex H and its that the rubber thing sort of moves... it doesnt drop off but it moves and makes pressing the buttons on the side more difficult. Now I'm asking that what kind of glue should be used to glue it back to place?

take the rubber off clean the gule off the rubber and unit

buy some double sided photo tape and stick it back on with that, seems to work a hell of a lot better than the glue Garmin use

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Double-Sided-Permane...s_Scrapbooks_RL

Hello fellow geocachers,

Garmin replaced my unit once under warranty because of this problem, and again a month or so after warranty expired... I don't think these units were built for being in warm environments like the inside of a car on a hot day, as the glue leaking out is really gross..

Hello fellow geocachers,

Garmin replaced my unit once under warranty because of this problem, and again a month or so after warranty expired... I don't think these units were built for being in warm environments like the inside of a car on a hot day, as the glue leaking out is really gross..

I have a Etrex HCX and a similar thing has happened. The rubber piece pretty much came right off the unit. Since it was past the warranty, what else is new, had to find some kind of glue to make it hold in place. Finally, found black gasket maker by Permatec, nearest Part Source store. This has worked very well so far, seems to be holding since late fall of 2010 now. Nothing appears to be moving around and all the buttons working well. I made sure as to not touch the glue to the button parts just in case. So far quite pleased and can still make us of the ETrex for a little while longer.

LaDeBA