Geocachers Camper Van

Pickers

Today I was travelling south from native Cumbria to Somerset for the annual holidays and to my surprise in the traffic to my left was a maroon camper van with a Geocaching sticker on the rear window and what appeared to be a travel bug sticker too. I only passed them once so could not get the numbers of the travel bug.

So, if you were travelling on the M5 Junction 21 in a maroon VW camper van at about 12 noon 14th August, happy caching!

We've had this happen to us a couple of times too. Seems to happen a lot in Devon for some reason! Always makes me smile :)

And also had people log our car TB while out and about (Tesco's carpark for one)

Off the top of my head I can't think of any Somerset cachers who drive a maroon camper, so guess it must have been someone else heading south on their hols!

Wasn't us, although I suppose our van could be mistaken for maroon in odd light, it probably couldn't be mistaken for a VW Camper Van. It doesn't belch blue smoke and grind to a halt on an slight incline :huh:. Bizarrely though, we were also travelling from Cumbria to the wrong end of the country :laughing: and would have been just north of there around that time. Turned off at Gloucester to head cross-country to Salisbury.

We had signs warning us that the M5 had Long delays from J21-25 and J15-19 pretty much from leaving the M6. How bad was it?

If you're around the Salisbury/Ringwood/Fordingbridge area over the next few days, keep an eye out.

Edited by Guanajuato

Our magnetic TB was on the back of our yellow camper for the whole week that we were in Cornwall, and hasn't been logged once :huh:

And we were definately going slow enough for anyone to get the tracking number :laughing::)

Well for about a month now I have had a rather large travel bug on the back of my car. Its never been logged, even met one cacher in the carpark who took a photo to log it but then did not..,.

Seems people do not like to log cars...

You know, it's probably not that no one likes logging cars...it's just hard to spot unless you are really looking at every car that passes and you are looking really hard. We recently went to Germany on our holiday and on our way back I didn't spot one. Now that may be as I was driving, but there was still enough slow traffic in areas for me to glance about. Either there was no one around with a car TB or the TB was wrong side of the vehicle for me to spot it. Though if I would have spotted one I think my family would have thought me mad by getting all excited and pointing at some random car shouting "Who's got the camera!" :(

I have a magnetic bug in the rear Window of my White campervan. I have called it 'Where is Cushag'. Only been logged a couple of times. Discover only. Now I am using it to track my holiday visits with the new Visit Only facility. I can now check it out so I can remember where I have been! If you go to trackable 'Where is cushag' you can see a piccy of my van, TB hidden) and if you view the map you can see I am currently in Scotland, the TB visited Loch Leven Kirkgate cache yesterday. At the moment on my 3 dongle in Balado Park along with 3,000 other Vanners and Tuggers for the Camping and Caravan Club Annual Feast of Lanterns. Must be other cachers here somewhere.

Our magnetic TB was on the back of our yellow camper for the whole week that we were in Cornwall, and hasn't been logged once :(

And we were definately going slow enough for anyone to get the tracking number :rolleyes:;)

Well for about a month now I have had a rather large travel bug on the back of my car. Its never been logged, even met one cacher in the carpark who took a photo to log it but then did not..,.

Seems people do not like to log cars...

If that was at the hog roast before the Mega, it may have been me, although I usually just note down the numbers. I did take a pic of a very very very very very large dog tag, and haven't processed that pic yet. However, I've been through all the numbers I jotted down (finally) and one or two of them had numbers which didn't show. I did the usual substitutions like 0 for O and A for 4, etc., but to no avail. Simply deleted them then...

Perhaps that happened with yours?

:huh:

I did the usual substitutions like 0 for O and A for 4, etc., but to no avail. Simply deleted them then...

Slightly off topic I know - but I'm fairly certain Groundspeak made 0s and Os interchangeable many years ago.

ie. It doesn't matter whether you enter it as a 0 or a O, the result will be the same - at least as far as trackables are concerned :rolleyes:

I did the usual substitutions like 0 for O and A for 4, etc., but to no avail. Simply deleted them then...

Slightly off topic I know - but I'm fairly certain Groundspeak made 0s and Os interchangeable many years ago.

ie. It doesn't matter whether you enter it as a 0 or a O, the result will be the same - at least as far as trackables are concerned :huh:

Hmm - I haven't noticed that being the case, but I'll try next time I have an ambiguous one to put it to the test!

:rolleyes:

well, well, (see previous post in this thread) Just a few minutes ago a lady passed the rear of my Van, there we were peering out of the window, and she pointed at my magnectic bug and shouted 'Geocaching'! Her and her Hubby are geocachers so we had a chat and she duly noted the TB Tracking number. We are still at Balodo Park and had said Hello and spoken to this lady a few times as they were also on the rally site at The Royal Highland Showground, prior to the Rally here. I think with these travelling TB's it's a case of suddenly observing it and shouting Eureka! Will see in a few days if they log it.

ie. It doesn't matter whether you enter it as a 0 or a O, the result will be the same - at least as far as trackables are concerned :P

Tracking numbers do not use "O" ohs or "I" eyes. They only use "0" zeros and "1" ones.