TRAVELING TO COLUMBUS

grandma lou lou

Ok...going to try this again. Grandpa Grumpy and I are traveling from Kansas City to Columbus, Oh. with an overnight stay in Effingham, Il. We would love any and all suggestions for geocaches that you have found special or travel bug hotels since we have several that need to be dropped off. I apologize for not leaving our starting point on my previous one..we'll just say that I had a "senior" moment..lol :(

Ok...going to try this again. Grandpa Grumpy and I are traveling from Kansas City to Columbus, Oh. with an overnight stay in Effingham, Il. We would love any and all suggestions for geocaches that you have found special or travel bug hotels since we have several that need to be dropped off. I apologize for not leaving our starting point on my previous one..we'll just say that I had a "senior" moment..lol :(

Not sure what kinds of caches you're interested in. I'm from Columbus and have created a "Favorite caches" bookmark list. My Favorites. I like a wide variety of caches, from extreme tree climbs and sewer crawls, to REALLY difficult and clever hides, to great locations, to fun challenges. All of these are in my list, so terrain ratings and difficulty ratings may help you weed out some.

Quick caches that are can't misses in Columbus include:

Excalibur TOP of my can't miss list!!!

Hidden Waterfall Somewhat difficult, but people log it all the time.

Pickerington Ponds Redux I took this over because I loved this hike.

Under the Boardwalk Beautiful trail for a shorter hike.

If you'd like to add more criteria as to what YOU would consider a "can't miss" I can try to offer more suggestions. It would also help to know what part of Columbus you will be in (northwest Dublin area, southeast Pickerington, etc.) and when (I can help you find some good events and would love to meet you). You can send me a direct email or reply here - I am now watching this listing for replies.