I'm sending my GPS to China, can I ....

You could open up a new account for your GPS. Then when it goes on holiday it can log it's own finds.

Hey, you could even set it up as a competition to see who could find the most caches, but if you do that you could find your GPS stops playing ball when you are hunting, and starts sending you hundreds of feet off target on purpose.

It pays not to give these devices too much status or independence, they only get above themselves.

I'm sending my GPS to China with my brother-in-law, if he finds a geocache with it, could I get credit for the find too? :laughing:
Umm... why would you do this? You haven't found the cache, so you shouldn't get credit. Of course, if you want, go ahead and log a find, but all you have is an increased found count and nothing more. What would be so great about this? :(
I'm sending my GPS to China with my brother-in-law, if he finds a geocache with it, could I get credit for the find too? :laughing:
Umm... why would you do this? You haven't found the cache, so you shouldn't get credit. Of course, if you want, go ahead and log a find, but all you have is an increased found count and nothing more. What would be so great about this? :(

I'm not going to log the find. That wouldn't be fair. I just wanted to see if anybody would get upset and I had nothing better to write about. I just wish I had the money to get off my continent and log a find outside of Southern California!

:laughing:

I'm not going to log the find. That wouldn't be fair. I just wanted to see if anybody would get upset and I had nothing better to write about. I just wish I had the money to get off my continent and log a find outside of Southern California!

Arizona is close...

:(

I think there is just a tad bit more to your continent than Southern California. Northern California for starters :laughing: Also there is the whole Silicon Valley sub continent.

I kinda expected something like this... :laughing:

You could open up a new account for your GPS. Then when it goes on holiday it can log it's own finds.

Hey, you could even set it up as a competition to see who could find the most caches, but if you do that you could find your GPS stops playing ball when you are hunting, and starts sending you hundreds of feet off target on purpose.

It pays not to give these devices too much status or independence, they only get above themselves.

As long as the GPSr can sign the log book i see no problem

If dogs (not talking about the one with glasses but regular dogs) can have accounts I don't see why a GPS couldn't have it's own account.

Actually that could be really cool if you got a used GPS that had it's own account you could see where it had been before you got it.

If dogs (not talking about the one with glasses but regular dogs) can have accounts I don't see why a GPS couldn't have it's own account.

Actually that could be really cool if you got a used GPS that had it's own account you could see where it had been before you got it.

I like that idea! Use it like a travel bug only the person that finds it uses it to find a cache, leaves it in that cache and logs it on the GPS'r's own account.

Edited by brslk

I like that idea! Use it like a travel bug only the person that finds it uses it to find a cache, leaves it in that cache and logs it on the GPS'r's own account.

If TB's get stolen I can only imagine how easy it would be for a GPS to go missing.

If TB's get stolen I can only imagine how easy it would be for a GPS to go missing.

People steal TBs? :)

You were bored, so you thought you'd troll the forums. Great... you're one of THOSE types.

Well, I did learn something new from my original post. I always wondered what trolling was! I had the impression that trolling was when people of the same sex go looking for company deep in the woods. :)

On another note... making a separate account for your GPS itself sounds like a somewhat amusing idea, if it's passed around a lot.

Then, I would be like a GPS pimp. Now, I gotta go buy a hat with some feathers and a tiger stripped coat to match.

Wet Blanket.