What is "Loki" and how does it work?

Casting Crowns

I have a smartphone with GPS technology (not an Iphone or Droid) but I have an older GPS. I can't download my PQ's as a whole into my GPS and it takes forever to load them individually. I thought I could just use my cell phone to look up some area caches but that hasn't gone so well. I see on the web page that you can search for cache by coords. There is a hyperlink to "find me with loki" so I figure it would find where I'm located by my phone GPS and then locate caches that are near me. Is that not how it works? If so, then it doesn't seem to work on my phone or home computer.

Besides trying to use Zip Codes to search, I need something to get me a little closer to where I'm at. I work in a truck and take lunch in different areas almost every day. It would be nice to find a cache that's close by. BTW, I looked at some "pay for play" programs out there but a monthly fee doesn't do it for me. Thanks for the help!

I have a smartphone with GPS technology (not an Iphone or Droid) but I have an older GPS. I can't download my PQ's as a whole into my GPS and it takes forever to load them individually. I thought I could just use my cell phone to look up some area caches but that hasn't gone so well. I see on the web page that you can search for cache by coords. There is a hyperlink to "find me with loki" so I figure it would find where I'm located by my phone GPS and then locate caches that are near me. Is that not how it works? If so, then it doesn't seem to work on my phone or home computer.

Besides trying to use Zip Codes to search, I need something to get me a little closer to where I'm at. I work in a truck and take lunch in different areas almost every day. It would be nice to find a cache that's close by. BTW, I looked at some "pay for play" programs out there but a monthly fee doesn't do it for me. Thanks for the help!

I believe Loki locates you via your IP address. With luck, it might get what city you're in correctly.