Attaching the Tag

Guest blackjak

Guest blackjak

I want to know how TB owners out there have been attaching the tag to the TB. I tried a few different things, but just came up with a good one. I use the "drain chain" that comes with the TB tag, shorten it quite a bit, slip some heatshrink tubing over the chain, attach it to the TB tag and TB, then using a hotair gun I shrunk the tubing to the chain. This makes it impossible to undo the chain, makes it rust/water proof and looks pretty good! Any other ideas?

Guest Moun10Bike

quote:
Originally posted by AlienPuppy:

I just use the original "drain-chain", but shortened. Is there any concern of it coming undone?

I'm not sure how quickly the chains will rust and break apart, but I think that you're okay. For me, the choice of fastening device depends on the morphology of the attached object. If the object has a hole of some sort in it, the chain works fine. However, if there is no hole, I use a cable tie. The cable ties will fasten down and hold securely at any indentation in the object.

------------------

Jon (Moun10Bike)

N 47° 36.649', W 122° 3.616'

www.switchbacks.com/geocaching.html