pathtags?

RandomH3ro

i have 2 pathtags currently in my possession. i am assuming they are to be treated as swag and traded for. however, they have a "trackable" code.

so are they treated as trackables, or as swag?

If they have a trackable code, then they are not pathtags. Pathtags don't have trackable codes.

What they might have are serial numbers (printed on the back and easily confused with tracking codes)?

You can either:

1. Trade them as swag, if you don't want to collect them

2. Collect them, if you don't want to trade them (go to pathtags.com to start your collection)

3. Send them to me if you don't want to trade them or collect them :blink:

Hope that helps.

Lovejoy

i have 2 pathtags currently in my possession. i am assuming they are to be treated as swag and traded for. however, they have a "trackable" code.

If they have a trackable code, then they are not pathtags. Pathtags don't have trackable codes.

What they might have are serial numbers (printed on the back and easily confused with tracking codes)?

You can either:

1. Trade them as swag, if you don't want to collect them

2. Collect them, if you don't want to trade them (go to pathtags.com to start your collection)

3. Send them to me if you don't want to trade them or collect them :blink:

Hope that helps.

Lovejoy

thats the thing, both of them say "tackable at pathtags.com" and they have a serial number.

and i havent had a chance to "track" them yet to see what they are about as my kid has them on his "treasure hunting" lanyard which is in his room.

Edited by RandomH3ro

They're swag. Pathtags are loggable at the pathtags website, but they're not actually trackable at geocaching.com: you won't be able to log them in and out of caches as you would a trackable that actually has "trackable at geocaching.com" on it. Instead, when you log them at the pathtag website, you can see a map of all of the locations from which that particular version of the pathtag have been logged (all the pathtags have the same logging code).

If you have pathtags or signature items of your own, I'd recommend those as the best trades for pathtags, but otherwise the "trade even or up" tradition applies as it would to any other swag item.

Enjoy!

thats the thing, both of them say "tackable at pathtags.com" and they have a serial number.

and i havent had a chance to "track" them yet to see what they are about as my kid has them on his "treasure hunting" lanyard which is in his room.

Yes they are trackable at pathtags.com. But you don't have to log them there unless you are keeping them. They can just travel round caches until they are picked up by someone who wants to collect them, then that person logs them (on pathtags.com) as being in their possession.

From there they can be traded with other collectors or kept in someone's collection.

But once logged on the website they don't get put back out in caches again.

To save any further confusion, just sneak into your kid's room when he's out, grab the pathtags back and send them on to me. He'll probably cry a bit (depending on his age) but it'll soon be forgotton when he gets a new playgamestation cassette.

<kidding, even I'm not that mean. Well ....>

Log them, they're a great additional thing to collect - I like finding them better than coins now as you get to keep them, trade them and build a nice collection.

Edited by Lovejoy & Tinker

Pathtags are a type of swag that people have made. It's like a signature item. Every pathtag of the same design has the same serial number. Hundreds may have been minted, yet all of them have the same serial number. When logged as found on pathtags.com, you will see a map of where others have found the same version of pathtag.

It is the finder's personal choice whether to keep them or send them on. Many of us collect them. I have hundreds of them I have either found or traded for. By all means log that you found it at pathtags.com no matter what you untimately do with it. That's why they have the serial number.

If you choose to use them as swag, someone else will eventually find it and may add it to their collection. They will log it as well. They may do as you did, sending it onward, or it may end up in their collection. Whatever you choose to do with it is fine. That includes contacting me and arranging to send them to me to add to my collection. *grin* (But I think you heard this option before. *smile*)

Depends on what you've found. Some tags travel inside of GC.com trackable coins. One tag is actually a trackable coin on one side, pathtag serial on the other.

Statistically speaking, you found a "regular" tag which, as long as you trade out for it and log it, is yours to keep like any other swag.

If it's attached to something or is part of a GC.com trackable (like a coin, travel bug, etc.) then it's usually intended to keep moving like all other GC.com trackables.