Garmin Dakato 20

pwsscuba

I got a Dakota 20 this summer and me and the boys have been finding some caches. When I find a cache on with my dakota I can log it found on the dakota and add a short comment. What I want to be able to do is the upload that find and comment to my geocaching.com page. Is this possible? How?

Thanks,

John

Another quick Dakota 20 question... I'm trying to complete a multi that asks me to go 150m towards True 12 degrees.

I get it: go to "site & go", point the compas to N, 12 degrees. So far, I'm fine... but how do I get it to calculate the 150m??

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Chief Lemonhead

Another quick Dakota 20 question... I'm trying to complete a multi that asks me to go 150m towards True 12 degrees.

I get it: go to "site & go", point the compas to N, 12 degrees. So far, I'm fine... but how do I get it to calculate the 150m??

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Chief Lemonhead

Firstly make sure your settings on the GPSr are set for True North rather than Magnetic North, otherwise a simple addition or subtraction to the number will need to be made based on you magnetic declination at your location.

Several options to achieve the outcome, the easiest being using a back bearing of 192 degrees. All you need to do is walk off in this direction from the waypoint you are at and watch as the distance to go increases to 150m.....virtually the opposite of what you normally do to find a cache. :)

Otherwise you can also project a waypoint from the location you are at and Goto this new location.

Hope that helps

mm

Edited by Map Monkey